more info needed

aicwould

Registered
Hello all,

Just needed some more info on HID systems. I have read almost all of the posting dealing with this with the help of the search button. However, I am wondering what problems there are with HID's different brands. I see that a lot of people have the McCulloch brand but have read in other sites that people have had issues with this brand and to go with either PIAA or less expensive Phillips. I am excited to order from XenonKing for my busa but want to get the right product and not have to worry about things breaking. I commute 2 1/2 hours a day on my bike rain or shine unless it’s snowing.

thanks,
Gib

A lot of people from this board did a group buy a while back from XenonKing; and there haven't been too many problems that I can recall hearing about.

I've been running the McCulloch HID on my Busa for over 1.5 years with no problems whatsoever.

I've also been running the McCulloch HID on my Busa for over 1.5 years
biggrin.gif

Very happy with it.

The only very small issue for me has been when the battery is a little weak, the HID shuts off while cranking. I don't think its a problem with newer busas, '04 and up I think(mine's an '02), because the headlight is disabled during starting. Some guys installed a on/off switch to solve that issue. I just shut the bike off after it warms up a little, then restart and usually the HID stays on. It only happens rarely when the battery is weak.

well over a year now ..no issues at all with performance.

McCulloch 5000K kit (brightest white light that brand offers)

only at installation did I find the provided plug to be useless....I just removed the two leads and inserted them to the stock harness.

My HID is also now wired through a PMR switch that allows me to turn it off and on when desired (supposedly saves on ballast ignition cycles).

I would buy a set for my truck if the dual xenon was so damn expensive.

(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 09 2007,09:21) I've also been running  the McCulloch HID on my Busa for over 1.5 years
biggrin.gif

Very happy with it.

The only very small issue for me has been when the battery is a little weak, the HID shuts off while cranking.  I don't think its a problem with newer busas, '04 and up I think(mine's an '02), because the headlight is disabled during starting.  Some guys installed a on/off switch to solve that issue.  I just shut the bike off after it warms up a little, then restart and usually the HID stays on.  It only happens rarely when the battery is weak.
I would say thats a godsend when the HID flickers like that. Warning you of a weak battery.
wink.gif

Two for one I would say. Its a bright light and a battery meter.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 09 2007,14:26)
(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 09 2007,09:21) I've also been running  the McCulloch HID on my Busa for over 1.5 years
biggrin.gif

Very happy with it.

The only very small issue for me has been when the battery is a little weak, the HID shuts off while cranking.  I don't think its a problem with newer busas, '04 and up I think(mine's an '02), because the headlight is disabled during starting.  Some guys installed a on/off switch to solve that issue.  I just shut the bike off after it warms up a little, then restart and usually the HID stays on.  It only happens rarely when the battery is weak.
I would say thats a godsend when the HID flickers like that. Warning you of a weak battery.  
wink.gif

Two for one I would say. Its a bright light and a battery meter.  
biggrin.gif
Mostly definately!!
biggrin.gif

Cause I have an '02 and a low battery warning is awesome protection against possible kickbacks that grind that idler gear up
crazy.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

My biggest complaint with my bike are the headlights. I had the shop adjust them under warranty and they bitched the whole time about exceeding DOT, but you can't see at night with the factory setting, I can't really see that well at night with the current setting.

(dadofthree @ Jan. 09 2007,17:59) My biggest complaint with my bike are the headlights. I had the shop adjust them under warranty and they bitched the whole time about exceeding DOT, but you can't see at night with the factory setting, I can't really see that well at night with the current setting.
poke.gif
Time for HID setup, Bro.

Hello people,

I just purchased a McCulloch 2 Bulb HID Conversion Kit for $289.95 on Ebay from these guys in FL (BikeLitez) http://209.61.143.180/category_s/58.htm

The Kit arrived today so I'm yet to install it. No install instructions and the 2 HID controllers are rather big and heavy and I'm thinking to myself where on earth to mount them?

PEACE.

Do a search here and you will find a step by step photo collection detailing this procedure! Oh and welcome to the world of light!

Back