Mom and Dad lost the hotel......

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
First of all, I want to thank all the oRg members for their support of my parents' hotel in Eureka Springs (Traveler's Inn). I regret to inform you guys that my mom and dad lost the hotel last week. They were yet another set of victims of the bad economy and the bank foreclosed on them.

I hate it, because it was my dad's way of retiring. Now he's back into his construction business "slinging a hammer" at 60 years old. Through all of this, however, we ALL understand and we ALL know that GOD has a plan for their lives, and our trust is definitely in HIM and HIM alone :thumbsup:

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, and a big "Thank You" for helping them out when you could. YOU guys are the BEST! :bowdown:

Hate to see it Greg, we went by there when we were in Eureka last month to try to book the Spring Meet/Greet. I hope all goes well my friend.

Sorry to hear about that. Best of luck to them - and nice to see he has some work. Lots of people still looking!

Man,,, that really sucks losing ones dream like that. These words are never enough to quash the pain and emptiness associated with that loss. Hang in there. Better times are coming. :please:

hate to hear this, like TTV said, we went by to check on reservations for the Spring but i guess things had already gone downhill...hope everything works out for your folks

Sorry, bro... Grim news, for sure.

Best wishes to your folks...

Hate it when folks dont have a chance to retire right! my dad kept working til 64 and the only reason he had to stop was due to a stroke... Health is everything bro, really!!! I feel bad for your folks bro, but be glad their health is OK, and hope it stays that way!

This just frosts my balls. Here good people working hard at a business and when times are tough the bank forecloses. Yet when times are tough for the banks they get the gov. to bail them out while paying executives millions in bonuses. Something is very wrong with this. I do not see it being tied to any particular party but to a culture of doing anything and everything to pay homage to wall street.

Ok rant off...

Prayers out to your family..

Times are tough out there. Sorry to hear your parents were a casualty of what has been the worst economy in our lifetime.

Sorry to hear about the retirement plan. My father retired twice and was working on the third when he passed at a very young age.
I pray they are happy. Even if you have to work all your life, as long as you are with loved ones and can share with them and have good times, life is good and there is so much to be thankful for.
Bubba

God bless them, and I pray that this is just a short diversion to make them stronger and better equipped for retirement.

Back