mods vs hp

busaguy

Registered
I looked for this alot mods you do vs hp you gain
steel ti force pipe plus power comander 3r dyno = 168

i"m not an expert i"d like to see what people are getting for there dollars these mods cost1200-1300

this and that $$$ plus $$$ 310rwhp

$$'s paint I do not even want to know anymore. Lots

if you wanna compare $$$ per hp you gain.... might as well not even look at anything but boost.

a turbo will beat out any $/hp gain of any mod you do bar none!!
cool.gif

anything more than a pipe and filter is a serious investment. drop a tooth in the front sproket might not add hp but it feel more powerful especially at lower rpms.

micron full system....900 dollars
tre.........................30 dollars
k&n filter.................70 dollars
pcrIII....................300 dollars
1397 bigbore kit with jepistons,webcams,port and polish....OUCH!
215hp at the wheel.......priceless!

Are we talking reliable horsepower or just BANG or BUCK?

Bang for Buck, you will never beat N20, period! Now you might blow some sh*t up in the process but it's the cheapest and most horsepower for the GREEN BACKS!

If it was my bike go with the basic package over at www.brockdavidson.com/ $1,680 gets you everything you need to pull at least 165 RWHP and run mid 9's in the 1/4 mile!
biggrin.gif

I don't think you need all brocks stuff to run mid 9's. I see stock busa's run high 9's all day.... I think if you had enough practice, lowering and down 1 tooth will get you mid 9's with enough practice.

fstbusa,

YES if you are a damn good rider and weigh less than 150 lbs. soaking wet but........for all of us normal people that weigh around 200 lbs. every little bit helps.
biggrin.gif

Who had the Carpenter top end package?  That looked like a pretty good deal for the bucks.  195rwhp.
cool.gif

O.K. It was grabntwist!

<!--EDIT|ghosthawk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076646967 -->

It all depends on what YOU want out of the bike and what YOU are going to do with it.
Most enjoy Yosh cams, Pipe, Small air box mod, and a PC3R with a good custom map
on an 03 you are talking about 185hp and in the range of 2-3k
total out the door daily driver pump gas 87 octane

Bang for Buck, you will never beat N20, period!  Now you might blow some sh*t up in the process but it's the cheapest and most horsepower for the GREEN BACKS!
ROFLMAO...I don't want my bucks to bang like that...  
evil.gif
By the way Mr. Stunnahman, how's everything going with the turbo?
rock.gif
 Cooler than a fan I bet.  No more wheelies either, I bet?
rock.gif
 I'm also considering a turbo around the fall, but we'll just have to wait and see.  Can't wait to hear that baby growl at BBW...

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076689559 -->

rock.gif

HP=$$$ losing a race on Friday=$$$$$$ for the next week. Anyone who wants to save some cash should buy a used Kawasaki EX-500. Otherwise keep on signing those checks
biggrin.gif

Back