Mods for front forks?

bkstg1

Registered
O.K. guys. Back in the day when I first got into drag racing..20 years ago..we used to modify the front forks with a spacer and get rid of the small damping spring at the bottom of the fork. Back then I had a V Max with 191 rwhp and struts. When we made this change to the fork it wasn't as prone to wheelie and it would carry the front tire about 1"-2" off the ground oh so smoothly!!

My question is, are there mods like this for the Busa? By adding the spacer in the older fork you could shorten the fork to lower the front and gain much improved chassis dynamics.

Thanks
Jim

nope.. thought you were talking about drag racing the bike.. my bike is setup to go around corners..

Some of the straped bikes in the front aren't bad to corner or turn, but if the strap is pulled to tight so that the rachet will hit the lower triple on a full left turn. But with it released no problems.

Mr Bis
Sorry I wasn't as clear I wanted to be.

I was looking at srteet/strip. You never know when you are gunna get the urge!!:flamethrowing:

Yes, a spacer can be added but most just opt for a replacement top yoke which will allow you to slide the forks higher into the mounting clamp. This also gives you the benefit of easily making height changes.

like so

P5283281.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I have a new upper tree. I'm slamming my bike and I'd like to shorten the forks to avoid the possible damage from the front wheel coming up and hitting anything.
I did find some info on McIntosh Machine and Fab, they do the exact mod I was asking about. Reasonable price too,200-300.

Mcintosh is a great company. His work is always top notch! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

I have a new upper tree. I'm slamming my bike and I'd like to shorten the forks to avoid the possible damage from the front wheel coming up and hitting anything.
I did find some info on McIntosh Machine and Fab, they do the exact mod I was asking about. Reasonable price too,200-300.

Back