lowered front forks

nappinj12

Registered
i lowered my front forks, i expected them not to go down a inch when i put the weight back on. anyone still use straps after lowering fork when drag racing.

just to let you know. don't buy $75 fork lowering kit from sponsor here.come with 4 tubes 5 buck worth. what a rip.don't mind paying for something. but do a hour of machineing at least. these are just cut tubes nothing big.could of machined tube down to fit inside spring and add a hole like stock!

If you search, there are threads on how to internally lower forks and how to make the needed spacers. Other option was to not search and to just order up the "kit".

lots of ways to lower the front. Since a spacer on the top yoke doesn't compress the suspension or anything you can still use your drag strap as well. Granted, watch for fender clearance.

i seen a pic thread on how to do it.but it was for earlyer model. you need to buy upper tube also for k8 and up, there molded plastic. kit price sucks, but it is lowered 2 1/4 '' and has 3/4'' of suspention. perfect for dragracing!

If you have properly internally lowered forks you have no need for a front strap. A front strap is actually dangerous in the sense that you run HIGH potential of washing the front tire out. Just keep that in mind. All dedicated drag bikes run proper forks. I've got a set of internally lowered, cut case and externally machined 08 busa forks for my cut rail bike done up by Terry McIntosh. i have to tell you, the quality is top notch on these things. Even when you run a strap you should allot for some small amounts of suspension compression to help avoid the front tire washing out.

Back