Mod question to make my busa twice as fast!!!

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
Does anyone have any tips on how to convert the left hand grip to a twist throttle?
I still want to keep the right hand throttle also but figure my bike will go twice as fast if I have a gas on both sides so when one throttle runs out I have another to turn.

My problem is getting the grip to turn the counter clockwise.

This is going to be sweet!!!!!

well when i can get the rear motor to fire up{" i keep turning that back key} mine will be rank !!!!!

Never heard of that one, but it sounds interesting. Why not just point your knuckles further down when you grip the throttle?

You should be able to get plenty of twist from that...

just film your ride down the block..

..then, put your vcr on 2X mode..
smile.gif
..cheap n' cheerful mod, safe too!.. (..if you ride toooo slow, then you have to consider 4X, or even 8X - but then your wife will start complaining "don't run the VCR so fast!.."

Chepest and last MOd you will ever need.

Try this it will work...promise...(snickering)

Open up your bike, lift up tank, be at the gas station before you do this though, more on that later. Ok now remove the airbox and silicone the throttle buterflies shut, next make sure your airbox is air tight, silicone this closed so that air doesnt bypass too.
make sure you use an RTV type silicone that is gas proof, more on that later.
Next the fairing  intake to air box connectors, silicone 'em. Ok now take those pesky Air intake screens out of the fairing, discard! you won't need em, more on that later. Ok now purchase about, let me see at todays prices, about $1.51 of Super, need extra octane boost, more on that later.

Ok insert gas nozzle into fairing ducts, Pump as slow as you can til full BOTH SIDES ,
very important! Ok Now  sit on your ride and smile.... Turn key on, Note this is critical part as any spark will spoil the effect, also if you do this in view of the attendant tel himm "yah ,yah I know just call 911 now... I will need it either way".
He will know what you mean .... O

Ok now Turn Key, click your kill switch to ON push starter button and wait just until you hear the starter kick over then slowly turn the throttle. Upon feeling a warm sensation and the Bike "fire" up, (no pun intended) Look around you should have a great view of the surrounding countryside and be face to face with birds and clouds and poop. That is the best way to get your busa to launch.  

Another Helpful tip from the Nation, RidersNation.:p

I dunno about left side throttle but I saw a left hand twist Clutch the other day... Thought that was sort of interesting...

Back