MMA - Fedor is the greatest :P

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
- Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers - Fight Video Strikeforce[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome fight, would have rather seen a submission but that was an great punch
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the video, good fight. Fedor is a machine. That man barely flinched when he took the big one on the nose in the first round.

first off if you ever watch mma and wasn't up fedor's arse then you know that fight was called early..........granted fedor put rodgers on his butt but if the fight was called the same way in the second then rodgers should have won in the first when fedor was clearly not guarding.......if you watch rodgers block every punch when he was on the ground and then looked in big johns face and was like really?!?!?!.....that fight IMO was a joke......Fedor doesn't train and takes fights easy....and if you think I am lying he got married in the middle of training for this fight and lets be honest you just dont clound your head for your first "big" fight in the US like that......watch the whole fight again it was a little rigged in fedor favor(again he did knock rodgers off his feet but he blocked every shot) I honestly think that fedor is scared to fight in the UFC there is way way way way way way way more talent in the UFC.....not a huge Lasner fan but I am a believer and I believe that Lasner would destroy fedor on the ground on his pure wrestling and strength alone.......Fedor is a fat slob in Heavyweight and could easily cut to 205 but I dont think he can handle it(notice his HUGE beer belly in this and it is supposedly the best shape he has ever fought common....now rogers that guy was in amazing shape compared to his fights).....either way I dont think fedor is worthy of the "1" spot in mma....anderson silva has out classed so many fighter its not even funny easily number 1 followed extremely close by GSP......fedor is just looking for his big payday and then when dana white turned down his "offer" to own part of the UFC and make M1 a partner it hit him because IMO strike force has three fighter in the stable the are truly worth a damn other then who is fedor gonna keep fight tim silva and andri :rofl: what a joke until fedor really beats some then I will believe the only fight he won that he earned was Nog and the first fight Nog had heim beat until his illegal headbutt...............

hahha...where to begin. Up fedors arse...the guy has beat everyone..and I mean EVERYONE in mma who is good. Why would he go to ufc when he gets paid twice for fighting in strikeforce/m1 global. He gets his fighters pay and also is part owners in m1 global. As for not being in shape and training. I think at this point he does not need training tips from keyboard warriors like you. He has the cleanest record in MMA (above GSP,A.Silve). As for owning the UFC...man you are so far out in left field here its not even funny..dana and the brothers would never sell a "part" of the ufc. And andrei and tim being jokes...well they both held the title from the ufc...so does that make UFC a joke? To question the status of the number 1 fighter in the world is just stupid. Anyone including fighters themselves all say fedor is number one. Who has beaten anyone like fedor. (prime mikro,andrea,tim,nog 2x). 205..yea he could get down there...but why bother...hes owns hw

Cool vid... thanks for posting that!! I think Fedor and Brock would be a GREAT fight. Hope we get to see that some day.
:beerchug:

Looks to me like Rogers could loose a few pounds as well? Smooth as a baby's butt if you ask me.

I am very impressed with Fedor. That was the best right hand I think I have ever seen! Knocked the big Mouth Piece on his flabby ass! Left me with a grin from ear to ear! :thumbsup:

fedor is the real deal and makes the smallest contract he can so when he renegotiates he can get more money. theres not a mma supporter commentator or anyone who can put up a real heavyweight fighter against him and say they will win.

I'll say it again-Lesnar will take Fedor in MMA.

outside a ring, I think Fedor would rip lesnars' face off and eat it, but IF Fedor ever fights Lesnar in a MMA octagon, Brock has my vote.

other than that-Fedor is an incredible fighter, who has fought incredible (and some lame) fights...but won them all. hard to argue with facts being what they are-dude doesnt lose. He has found a method for out-fighting every opponent he's faced so far, and until Dana throws a pile of $$ at him, I dont think we'll ever get to see Lesnar/Fedor unless Brock gets on the wrong flight and ends up overseas:whistle:

I'll say it again-Lesnar will take Fedor in MMA.
outside a ring, I think Fedor would rip lesnars' face off and eat it, but IF Fedor ever fights Lesnar in a MMA octagon, Brock has my vote.
I woulda thought the exact opposite. Lesnar has brute strength and wrestling behind him, but Fedor is a way more rounded fighter. His submission skills make Frank Mir's look silly, and I haven't seen anything out of Lesnar that looks like submission... ground and pound, but thats it.

Mir made Lesnar look kind of amateurish in their first fight. He caught him easily in that leg lock, and Lesnar was doing his usual hammer fist pounding thing. The 2nd fight was just Lesnar doing his bulldozer/pounding thing before getting caught in something, and that night it worked for him.

Same thing with Lesnar/Coutour and Lesnar/Herring. Bulldoze, smash. It DOES work for him, but to me, Fedor has both skills, and has had them for a long time.

Its always the same cliche... anyone can beat anyone if they're caught with the right shot/submission.

Lesnars learning, but IMO, he's not on Fedors level... yet.

Last edited:
That was the first time I had the opportunity to actually see Fedor fight other than clips on the web. I know he is acknowledged as the best fighter in MMA, but I must say i wasn't all that impressed with this fight against Rogers. For all the accolades he's given I was expecting a dominant performance. Fedor seems small as a heavyweight and Rogers size looked to be giving him trouble. Fedor indeed landed a nice punch that floored Rogers in the 2nd round but up until that point it looked to me like Rogers was in control and slightly ahead in the match. In my opinion the ref stepped in a bit too quickly after the knockdown.

As fighters, pound for pound, Anderson Silva and GSP are much more impressive to me. I would love to see Fedor in the UFC. I think Lesnar's sheer size and strength would give Fedor problems. I don't know who would win but it would be a very interesting match.

That was the first time I had the opportunity to actually see Fedor fight other than clips on the web. I know he is acknowledged as the best fighter in MMA, but I must say i wasn't all that impressed with this fight against Rogers. For all the accolades he's given I was expecting a dominant performance. Fedor seems small as a heavyweight and Rogers size looked to be giving him trouble. Fedor indeed landed a nice punch that floored Rogers in the 2nd round but up until that point it looked to me like Rogers was in control and slightly ahead in the match. In my opinion the ref stepped in a bit too quickly after the knockdown.

As fighters, pound for pound, Anderson Silva and GSP are much more impressive to me. I would love to see Fedor in the UFC. I think Lesnar's sheer size and strength would give Fedor problems. I don't know who would win but it would be a very interesting match.

i agree about watching gsp and silva. heavyweights just cant fight like that though. but everyone wants to see the train wreck.

ufc has no good heavyweights that arent either too old or worn to be competitive with lesnar or they just plain run out of talent when that beast starts smashing em.:laugh:

i wanna see what the ultimate fighter brings. i think more and more athletes will come over now and make the heavier classes "fun" to watch.

imho i think fedor in shape and ready to fight will beat lesnar. he will get cut and hurt but i think hell pull it off.

hahah you pretty much summed it up in your first sentence... you dont know fedor. You really do need to watch his fights (seeing they have about 30 of them online)... If you really watch the fight again, Rogers really doesnt make contact with fedor. He has one good straight left in the opening (fedor walked into it, causing more dmg to himself) and the little ground and pound flurry.. that was it. Fedor either blocked everything rogers threw or dodged it.

Another reason Rogers isnt up to par--- If you notice. Fedor LOVES to do looping and overhand punches (this is what you do against a larger fighter).. you could see them coming a mile away, yet rogers didnt keep his hands up, or stay out of range. Rogers really needs to work on his defensive game, and not just be pure offence. And Brock Lesnar is the same way. Brock goes in there thinking that he cant be knocked out... thats 1 strike against him. and when youre fighting fedor, you cant have any mistakes.

but what do i know? ;)

first off if you ever watch mma and wasn't up fedor's arse then you know that fight was called early..........granted fedor put rodgers on his butt but if the fight was called the same way in the second then rodgers should have won in the first when fedor was clearly not guarding.......if you watch rodgers block every punch when he was on the ground and then looked in big johns face and was like really?!?!?!.....that fight IMO was a joke......Fedor doesn't train and takes fights easy....and if you think I am lying he got married in the middle of training for this fight and lets be honest you just dont clound your head for your first "big" fight in the US like that......watch the whole fight again it was a little rigged in fedor favor(again he did knock rodgers off his feet but he blocked every shot) I honestly think that fedor is scared to fight in the UFC there is way way way way way way way more talent in the UFC.....not a huge Lasner fan but I am a believer and I believe that Lasner would destroy fedor on the ground on his pure wrestling and strength alone.......Fedor is a fat slob in Heavyweight and could easily cut to 205 but I dont think he can handle it(notice his HUGE beer belly in this and it is supposedly the best shape he has ever fought common....now rogers that guy was in amazing shape compared to his fights).....either way I dont think fedor is worthy of the "1" spot in mma....anderson silva has out classed so many fighter its not even funny easily number 1 followed extremely close by GSP......fedor is just looking for his big payday and then when dana white turned down his "offer" to own part of the UFC and make M1 a partner it hit him because IMO strike force has three fighter in the stable the are truly worth a damn other then who is fedor gonna keep fight tim silva and andri :rofl: what a joke until fedor really beats some then I will believe the only fight he won that he earned was Nog and the first fight Nog had heim beat until his illegal headbutt...............

you fight him then:thumbsup:

not again....

fedor is recognized by the experts, and even other fighters as the best heavyweight in the world.....

and yet people still want to argue, because they think some former WWE wrestler with 5 MMA fights can beat him.

Fedor has 33 MMA fights, and one loss.....

look into his record, his a mutli time Russian National Judo Champion, Eastern EUropean Champion...

8 times Russian Sambo Champion
5 times world Sambo Champion

and has destroyed all challenger in PRIDE, M-1, BoDog and Affliction.....

he destroyed Silvia in 30 seconds.....

to truly appreciate who this guy is...you need to look at what he has done for the last ten years, he has dominated the world since before most people even knew what MMA was, and while UFC was still fighting in warehouses.

not again....

fedor is recognized by the experts, and even other fighters as the best heavyweight in the world.....

and yet people still want to argue, because they think some former WWE wrestler with 5 MMA fights can beat him.

Fedor has 33 MMA fights, and one loss.....

look into his record, his a mutli time Russian National Judo Champion, Eastern EUropean Champion...

8 times Russian Sambo Champion
5 times world Sambo Champion

and has destroyed all challenger in PRIDE, M-1, BoDog and Affliction.....

he destroyed Silvia in 30 seconds.....

to truly appreciate who this guy is...you need to look at what he has done for the last ten years, he has dominated the world since before most people even knew what MMA was, and while UFC was still fighting in warehouses.

thank you :beerchug:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha i dont know how i missed this!!!!

have you ever trained? have you ever been knocked out? have you ever knocked anyone out???
First off, the fight wasnt called early. I dont think you know what you are looking for when someone gets hit.

First off, you watch the hands and the eyes. granted, we couldnt see his eyes. When you knock someone out, their eyes will open really wide and their muscles will tense up and thats what happened. Once rogers hit the ground, he had his hands up, but he was in shock. That is why they called the fight. He couldnt defend himself.

Next, Fedor does not WANT to fight in the UFC. Why??? Personal reasons, he doesnt like Dana White and how they treat fighters. Fedor says they dont take care of their fighters like people but like animals. Thats why he refuses to fight for dana.... What would you do?? Would you wanna fight for a man you depise?? Would you wanna make that man tons of money?? Hell no, i wouldnt.

As for lesnar... Hes wrestling...so what.... Fedor is Sambo...
Lesnar has no stand up... Fedor has an amazing stand up...
And they both have knock out power.
Fedor has one of the best fighting background in the game (not just MMA, but sambo and grandprix)
Lesnar...hmm college wrestling and WWF... with 5 fights.

Last edited:
who does fedor have to beat.....to get some respect?

he has beaten everybody that has skills in the heavywight class. part of the problem is you have guys that know nothing about MMA. they are not MMA fans, they are UFC fans.

they think because UFC is the biggest, they are the best....they think UFC is the best because they have a reality show "Ultimate Fighter".

Fedor is the best, he is so good he does not need fight for Dana.

Fedor destroyed arlovski, he destroyed silvia....and even though i like Lesnar, he is not even in the same class as Fedor.....

4 wins and a loss to Frank Mier....come on. how does that compare to 31 wins and 1 loss?

how does it compare to total domination of multiple fighting organizations....

how does 3-4 years of NCAA wrestling compare to total domination of both Russian National Sambo, and Eastern european Sambo Competition for the last decade....?

he is the best, he has beaten everyone....

Back