Mitsubisihi turbo car

First event ever at Loring I was the starting line guy
there was a guy there with a Mitsubuishi Eclipse, he had build his own turbo kit for it.
No roll bar he was speed limited to 175MPH
last run of the day he told me he was going to let it rip, I said he could not and they would kick him out, he replied well I am going home now so I don't care.
He punches it and goes 211 MPH Track is FURIOUS and make hime leave. they would not even give him his slip, so now he was pissed,
He told me 42 PSI is what he was running

High boost pressure is common in the diesel world, but you can still overdo things. I know a guy whose family is big into tractor pulling, this rod came from one of their competition engines. Datalog indicated 165 psi before it found the weak spot...

566424320_01.jpg

First event ever at Loring I was the starting line guy
there was a guy there with a Mitsubuishi Eclipse, he had build his own turbo kit for it.
No roll bar he was speed limited to 175MPH
last run of the day he told me he was going to let it rip, I said he could not and they would kick him out, he replied well I am going home now so I don't care.
He punches it and goes 211 MPH Track is FURIOUS and make hime leave. they would not even give him his slip, so now he was pissed,
He told me 42 PSI is what he was running
Those cars are around 2k HP out of a 2.4 liter engine.
HP per cc, there’s turbo Hayabusas making the same or slightly higher.

Back