Misfiring

CalgaryBusa

Registered
So I am bringing the beast out of storage, did a oil change, the engine has 10,000 km's on it, so I changed the plugs as well. Started the engine and it is misfiring. So I pulled the plugs back out, rechecked the gap, reinstalled them, ensured that the coils were on all the way and not touching the valve cover anywhere. Started it back up, still misfiring. So i took the plugs back out and installed the original plugs, but not any better. Now I didn't start the engine up prior to replacing the plugs so I'm not sure if it was a problem before. But there is some stupidity on my part, before I stored it for winter I did not put any fuel stabilizer in it. So I have drained the fuel tank, topped it up new gas plus put a fuel injector cleaner in the tank as well.
Took it for a rip last night but still misfiring and burning way rich obviously. Any Ideas?
rock.gif
?

Thanks in advance

you might have a really "gunked" up fuel system now... it may take more than a clean tank of gas and some injector cleaner to fix it...

(Sloto200 @ May 11 2007,04:10) you might have a really "gunked" up fuel system now... it may take more than a clean tank of gas and some injector cleaner to fix it...
Suggestions?? I was thinking getting a new fuel filter as well then going from there. My Gut feeling is that the injectors maybe gunked up. They made need to be cleaned as well.

(CalgaryBusa @ May 11 2007,07:48)
(Sloto200 @ May 11 2007,04:10) you might have a really "gunked" up fuel system now... it may take more than a clean tank of gas and some injector cleaner to fix it...
Suggestions?? I was thinking getting a new fuel filter as well then going from there. My Gut feeling is that the injectors maybe gunked up. They made need to be cleaned as well.
44K for motorcycle to the rescue... Cheap repair at 20$ and if it doesn't run any better, you have elminated that issue.

(Cloud9 @ May 11 2007,07:59)
(CalgaryBusa @ May 11 2007,07:48)
44K for motorcycle to the rescue... Cheap repair at 20$ and if it doesn't run any better, you have elminated that issue.
Thats what I put in my tank, I work at a car dealership and our chemical supplier is BG. K44 to the rescue, see what happens. But because the engine is running rich either the fuel injectors are slow to move and sticking open allowing more fuel in, or it could still be an ignition issue

Well I figured out what happened, I mixed up 2 vacuum lines and that was causing the engine to run rich. Once I got the lines figured out all was good. Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

CB

Back