Mileage with a passenger?

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I am one of those guys that resets the odometer everytime I fill up. I know, Im weird. I usually get 42mpg when riding alone and "normal". If my girlfriend rides I always get 38mpg and I ride even more "normal" with her on the back. It is no big deal, I just thought 4mpg was a little much for a passenger. My girlfriend weighs 110 pounds too, just in case you all thought I was carrying a 400lb hippo on my bike. The only hippo is me at 225 lbs
tounge.gif

4 MPG seems like a really small price to pay for having your girlfriend share the ride with you!

+1, i reset at fill up to and i lose about the same.

plus i like the healthier girls
laugh.gif
and i come in at 300 myself.

110? If you like, I'll take her off your hands and spare you the milage loss. What are friends for, right? ;)

HAHA the mileage, just imagine what she is costing you in rear tire. 110lbs is not much, but put it right over that tire.
tounge.gif

hey it could always be wind resistance, she is higher in the airstream over the bike, causing a hell of a lot more drag, but who cares? as long as your girl doesnt have a weiner, i think 4mpg is ok
biggrin.gif

I rode today at I am back up to 42 MPG. i wasnt complaining, I just thought 4MPG was steeped for an extra 110 pounds. Ride Safe.

Don't forget to adjust your suspension settings for pillion riding.

Back