Might Sell/Trade the Busa

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Ok,

I have a Busa that was shipped and has sustained quite a bit of damage, mostly scratches on the fairings etc etc. The AF is probably going to owe me about 3500.00
I was chatting with a friend I was stationed in Italy with and he wants to trade me a 2003 Honda CR 250 for my Busa and 5 grand. I keep the alarm and swingarm. Now if I get the 3500 from the AF (for the damage) plus 5 grand for the bike that is 8500.00 plus I get a dirtbike out of the deal. Here is the pics of both bikes, but I keep the arm and alarm for the early release 2007 when it comes out this spring.

post_12_66786_ZAINO_1.jpg

Will the 8500 pay off the note or is the bike yours free and clear? Do you ride dirt bikes? Will you use the dirt bike as much as you used the busa? What will you use for transportation once the busa is gone? Do you have PPE for the dirt bike? Are ther areas around for you to ride the dirt bike? And finaly HOW MUCH do you love your Busa?

Did that help any?

Will the 8500 pay off the note or is the bike yours free and clear? Do you ride dirt bikes? Will you use the dirt bike as much as you used the busa? What will you use for transportation once the busa is gone? Do you have PPE for the dirt bike? Are ther areas around for you to ride the dirt bike? And finaly HOW MUCH do you love your Busa?

Did that help any?
the bike is free and clear, I love dirtbikes and the one he has is the one I sold him to buy the Busa for 5k. I would have to buy a trailer and also rent a trailer to get the bike to NM From ND. He agreed to pay half the expenses. I am not sure what PPE stands for but I do like riding dirtbikes and here there are several open riding days at three different places. Plus my 6 yr old has one so I figured I could bond a bit with him and get him into it (if he likes it) and the last question is why I am asking the board for advice because I love this Busa and have put alot of hard work and sweat into getting it the way I like it with hours and hours of tinkering with it but it puts me in a great postion to get the 07 and only owe about 6k on it.

Did that help any?
the bike is free and clear, I love dirtbikes and the one he has is the one I sold him to buy the Busa for 5k. I would have to buy a trailer and also rent a trailer to get the bike to NM From ND. He agreed to pay half the expenses. I am not sure what PPE stands for but I do like riding dirtbikes and here there are several open riding days at three different places. Plus my 6 yr old has one so I figured I could bond a bit with him and get him into it (if he likes it) and the last question is why I am asking the board for advice because I love this Busa and have put alot of hard work and sweat into getting it the way I like it with hours and hours of tinkering with it but it puts me in a great postion to get the 07 and only owe about 6k on it.
PPE= personal protective equipment, helmet gloves boots ect.

Do what your hart tells you.

dANG HES GOT THAT BIKE LOOKING GOOD. LOOKS LIKE HE EVEN POLISHED THE FRAME. THE EXHAUST LOOKS NEW TOO sorry i just saw i was yelling. i would get the dirtbike and the flow, and get a new busa

Did that help any?
PPE= personal protective equipment, helmet gloves boots ect.

Do what your hart tells you.
Id get all my old equipment back, boots, helmet, gloves, goggles, jersey.
Although I might just go ahead and get a new helmet for it:)

You could also take the $3,500 and then have a custom paint job done. I scratched my fairing and used it as an excuse to have my bike painted a single color - I never liked the 2 tone paint. A great paint job with the body work cost me $1,400 and it looks better than it did new. That would leave you with $2,100 cash and you could buy a decent used dirt bike.

my $.02

You could also take the $3,500 and then have a custom paint job done.  I scratched my fairing and used it as an excuse to have my bike painted a single color - I never liked the 2 tone paint.  A great paint job with the body work cost me $1,400 and it looks better than it did new.  That would leave you with $2,100 cash and you could buy a decent used dirt bike.

my $.02
Thats interesting, but the damage is not bad except for one scratch on the right side fairing....Everything else can be buffed out. If I decide to keep the bike It will probably get more mods or a turbo. Now that I am stateside I can either build up the motor or get a turbo. The nice thing is I feel safer with a good stateside tuner then some Italian that doesn't speak English....

Tough decision, bro, but you have put a lot of time and energy into that bike. You could certainly do it all again with another bike, but why? If the dirt bike is the big draw maybe you should just get one of those and keep your bike. Lots to think about, but like Gunny said, do what your heart tells ya. And happy birthday!

Tough decision, bro, but you have put a lot of time and energy into that bike.  You could certainly do it all again with another bike, but why?  If the dirt bike is the big draw maybe you should just get one of those and keep your bike.  Lots to think about, but like Gunny said, do what your heart tells ya.  And happy birthday!
thanks, yeah it is a hard decision for me, but since I was the original owner of the dirtbike I know everything about it. But on a side note the Busa I spent alot of time hand sanding to get the polished parts the way they are. I dread thinking about having to do that all over again.

If the AF coughs up the $3.5K, couldn't you get a decent used dirtbike for that amount and have both?

If the AF coughs up the $3.5K, couldn't you get a decent used dirtbike for that amount and have both?
Yeah your right, but I am hoping the new Busa will be better which is a big hope,,,,,,, but maybe not worth getting rid of the bike I have gambling on the hope that the 07 is going to be different. Plus knowing my luck it will have the George Foreman grills like the new Kawi. I think I might wait on this decision till I weigh my options or at the least really give it some serious thought.

Back