Traded the Busa

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I finally traded in the '05 Hayabusa on a new, '13 Fat Boy Lo. Time for some easy riding. Got a great deal. Only thing was that the high was like 32 in Philly, and the winds were gusting between 30-40 mph. Never been so cold in my life--especially riding over the Ben Franklin Bridge and then back again. Anyway, I'll be sticking around because it's a good, family-oriented site, and I enjoy the threads. Here she is at the dealer:

Well, that's a bit of a change now isn't it? lol Definitely a clean looking machine man. Enjoy! Like I always say, ride whatever you want, just ride. :beerchug: Congrats!

As for the weather, I have the same problem. Got my new Busa on Thursday. It was 80º...Friday was 80º at 11, then the front hit and it went to 48º in a couple hours. It has been 45º and rainy since. I was able to cram one finger numbing ride in yesterday before the rain came back. Still fun. :)

I fell in love with your LE and bought the Gunmetal '08 that came close to matching it. Sorry to see her go, but all that matters is that you're happy brother.

Nice Ride, Be Safe... If you decide you want to do some upgrades give me a shout. Here is one I did for a local bike guy...

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It was a tough call, and I almost didn't go (like once before). But, I decided it was time for a change after eight years. And if I miss the Busa too much, then there's always a Gen II or Gen III down the road. And GoldenChild, I'll definitely keep you in mind for upgrades.

welcome to the OTHER side :) (always wanted a Fat Boy....maybe someday if I decide to let go of my current Road KIng).

20156_107703795913663_7853832_n.jpg

now thats 2 extremes....go from worlds fastest motorcycle to worlds ugliest and slowest damn.,

welcome to the OTHER side :) (always wanted a Fat Boy....maybe someday if I decide to let go of my current Road KIng).
That Road King is a beauty; I always wanted the Road King Custom, but they only made them for a few years. Almost bought a new Street Glide Special, but I figured that's a good bike for retirement.

I did the same thing, sold an 04'LE for an 07' fatboy, Lowered, beach bars, sweet ride but after 2 years i,m back on the bus, the Fatboy is nice but the slouched riding position hurt my lower back after a couple hundred miles...Nice bike BTW...

Thanks again for the compliments. Big change but, like I said, after eight years it was time. Can't wait for a 50-degree day to ride. Looks like it might be a while.

I'm with ya on that one! Been in the 40's since Friday and I'm feinin' for a nice ride. But, I should be in the mid 70's by this weekend, so, sorry about that. lol :D

I'm with ya on that one! Been in the 40's since Friday and I'm feinin' for a nice ride. But, I should be in the mid 70's by this weekend, so, sorry about that. lol :D
I remember two New Year's days here in Philly when I could ride, but with the Mummer's Parade, it's hard to get out of the city. Hope it warns up a little here. Safe riding, bro!

I remember two New Year's days here in Philly when I could ride, but with the Mummer's Parade, it's hard to get out of the city. Hope it warns up a little here. Safe riding, bro!

I wish you luck with the weather. I have no experience with the kind of weather you get. But the sun is finally coming out this morning and should start warming back up. This has been a lot colder, a lot earlier than usual.

I live in both worlds with a chopper n a busa. everyone should have 2 bikes if you can swing it

4405_1159988563209_6259369_n.jpg

4405_1159986203150_7262090_n.jpg

Very Nice !! Enjoy going slow ! LOL . In 4 years when I retire and want a chopper (mild) with a busa motor.

Well, I finally traded in the '05 Hayabusa on a new, '13 Fat Boy Lo. Time for some easy riding. Got a great deal. Only thing was that the high was like 32 in Philly, and the winds were gusting between 30-40 mph. Never been so cold in my life--especially riding over the Ben Franklin Bridge and then back again. Anyway, I'll be sticking around because it's a good, family-oriented site, and I enjoy the threads. Here she is at the dealer:

Nice bike...you need a low/sport windshield to help with the wind during cool/cold days. Take it off during riding season. On a long ride you will appreciate that little bit of protection.

Back