Might get an xbox 360

Friend of a friend has one for $120. Basic console with a controller.

Story is this is an older model that got the red light problem. He sent it back and couldn't wait so he bought another. This one is supposed to be factory sealed.

Questions: is it worth $120?
Will it play older Xbox games?

Wait a few weeks for the price of a new one to come down. Call Gamestop and ask how much they would pay for one and offer the guy the same.

I just saw brand new XBOX 360's reg price $190.00

Here is one on Ebay

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System 20GB HDD
Buy it now price $199.00 and free shipping

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System 20GB HDD - eBay (item 110316114817 end time Nov-27-08 12:30:41 PST)

The seller has 9377 transactions with 100% satisfaction

Anyway, not advertising for the above, just giving an example if you go on ebay and stick wtih someone who has over 5000 transactions, over 95% satisfaction rating you "should" be pretty safe.

And if I had the choice of purchasing one of the older X-box's for $120.00 or spending $80.00 for a better system with a warranty I would probably spend the $80.00

But look around Ebay, you might even find a better deal than the one above

Gary, I would think for a few dollars more and given the economy at this time you will be able to do better.

r8

I just saw brand new XBOX 360's reg price $190.00

Here is one on Ebay

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System 20GB HDD
Buy it now price $199.00 and free shipping

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System 20GB HDD - eBay (item 110316114817 end time Nov-27-08 12:30:41 PST)

The seller has 9377 transactions with 100% satisfaction

Anyway, not advertising for the above, just giving an example if you go on ebay and stick wtih someone who has over 5000 transactions, over 95% satisfaction rating you "should" be pretty safe.

And if I had the choice of purchasing one of the older X-box's for $120.00 or spending $80.00 for a better system with a warranty I would probably spend the $80.00

But look around Ebay, you might even find a better deal than the one above

Get it they are great.

But you WILL buy on ein time for the big Thanksgiving Weekend game a thon corect? oh and Get COD4, me and Racerv will see ya in the battlefiled:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

My wife got me World at War, been pretty challenging.

Guy says the unit has a lifetime warranty through Microsoft

Unit comes with a hard drive for the $120 figure.

He says the unit is approx 2 year old, he had it a month before it took a dump.

I would just spend the extra cash for a new one. Ive had to return two 360's now and are on my 3rd one. Having that extra warranty on a new on would be worth the extra 80 bucks. Because chances are you will have to use it at some point.

get the newer model the older ones are all prone to the ring of death. hell yes they are worth the money. im almost 40 and love mine to death. no such thing as life long warranty. do yourself a favor pay full price at best buy and get 2 year return warranty. any problems at all you just bring it in and grab a new one off the shelf

Friend of a friend has one for $120. Basic console with a controller.

Story is this is an older model that got the red light problem. He sent it back and couldn't wait so he bought another. This one is supposed to be factory sealed.

Questions: is it worth $120?
Will it play older Xbox games?

I would just go and get a new one personally...

I had my 360 for about 16mos and it committed electrical suicide...(Red Light):laugh:

For playing older games, you (I think) will have to get some kind of special adapter or hardrive to make it play those.

Your decision either way...but I think it would be better worth your while just to get a new console...the newer ones are supposed to me stronger towards the red ring of death also...

Just my .02:beerchug:

$199 brand new. XBOX 360 gamertag : Busa Demon. and I will see you COD 4 or World at War.

Add me to your friends list we have an XBOX Live Busa Club forming
So far I have 5 guys and 3 of us played COD WaWar last night

Look me up on COD World at War, GEARS2 or RainbowSix Vegas

xboxlive = fastlaneken360

Add me to your friends list we have an XBOX Live Busa Club forming
So far I have 5 guys and 3 of us played COD WaWar last night

Look me up on COD World at War, GEARS2 or RainbowSix Vegas

xboxlive = fastlaneken360

What cant hand in COD4!:poke::poke:You pud...:rofl::rofl:

got info from the guy today, he finally opened the box and it is not the same unit he sent to microsoft. Its a new one with a manufacture date of 6/09

Back