More Xbox 360

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Well last week I ragged on Microsoft pretty well for their consoles needing to be repaired at a fairly high rate. I own a PS3 but I find the Xbox intriguing. One thing I noticed for certain, is most PS3 games are rendered in 720p while Xbox games are 1080i, 1080p, 720p....hmmm.

Not to mention a few xbox only games like Gears and PS3 games seem to slow in comming, although rainbow 6 vegas 2 has eaten up far to much of my time this past week and illicited far far to many swear words uttered forth
spank.gif
, again in 720p while xbox is 1080i/p...I find myself in need of an xbox360 and rolling the dice...I'll just flog the heck out of it and make them repair as necessary till I get a good one.

I decided to get the elite (black with the big 120 hard drive), the one nice thing is the guy at the game store said he felt that the 120 hard drive elites are made a bit better, he said he only knows of 2 that went back while, he rolled his eyes, and said about a hundred of the standard ones went back. A family was in there and said they sent there's back 3 times.

To make my lack good judgement complete...last week (with these thoughts and plans in place) I bought an HD drive off ebay. Hmmm...should have seen the expression on my significant others face...

"what's in the box?"
"Umm...an HD drive for an Xbox I don't own yet"
"oh really
pillepalle.gif
"
"You'll be thanking me my mad scheme comes to fruition and
were watching Transformers in HD
tounge.gif
"

Even though HD is dead there are still some HD only movies as well...Transformers, Matrix...I figures the HD movies should go on sale soon big time.

face7.gif

Heck, I've bought grips for guns I didn't own yet...
whistling.gif

you wont be dissapointed in the xbox. I've had mine now for a couple of years and love it. Food for thought... one of the reasons you hear so much about xbox's being retured is becasue there are so many more of them than any of the other HD systems out there... I bought COD 4 the other day! Great game!

I need to send mine in. I keep getting the "ring of death" lights.

What is needed to send it in? I can't find my gift receipt.

Supposedly you call a number and they will send you a box to mail it back in with. Don't know if you need proof of purchase etc...

The elite systems are made the same as the rest. But all of the new "falcon" revision systems now come with HDMI as standard to the best of my knowledge. They also have done a hardware revision and are now using the 65nm version of the cpu so it creates less heat. The new systems should be much more reliable than the old.

I just picked up the HD DVD at walmart for $50 today....for the same reason you did. Transformers, Matrix, Batman Begins, and the lot... They have been selling for about $10 around here lately.

The elite systems are made the same as the rest.  But all of the new "falcon" revision systems now come with HDMI as standard to the best of my knowledge.  They also have done a hardware revision and are now using the 65nm version of the cpu so it creates less heat. The new systems should be much more reliable than the old.
Well my girlfriend's daughter's system that bit the dust is a Halo version (HDMI)in less than 3 months, I would assume that's a "new" version. It is a POS...locked up intermitintly for about a month then the red rings of death showed up.

im a big 360 gamer myself. buy at best buy and get the 2 year warranty. anything goes wrong with it you return it and take a new one off the shelf. no questions asked. ive had very good luck with mine. cod4 rules

This is from a list of games available for the PS3 in 1080P

All titles have been checked as being 1080p compatible firsthand by the back of the game box and/or by owning/playing the game at 1080p resolution. Unlike what is happening on the Xbox 360 game boxes, Sony doesn't advertise 1080p on the back of game boxes unless it is a truly native 1080p title. A good example of this is the game Warhawk where in the Playstation Store they say it scales "up to 1080p"￾ not that it is native 1080p. The Xbox 360 list of games advertised on game boxes is longer, but there are a small few number of native 1080p titles on the Xbox 360.

well i ordered my xbox 360 elite this morning...I was in ToysRus yesterday, buying some baby things for a friend, and I see their demo model on display is blinking red rings at me
wtf.gif

nice display model
rock.gif

I had to send my 360 in 2 times. Both times for a dvd player problem. Both times I did not have to pay a cent. Both times they redid all my reg and warrenty paperwork. Matter of fact, they updated me with the new HDMI 360 for free. Which goes awesome with my new 65" mitsubishi 1080P TV I just purchased. I'm not getting into the Xbox/PS3 wars but IMHO Online gamer=XBOX 360, Movie watcher=PS3. Not to mention there is no way in hell Im going to pay $40 for a DEMO from PS3(Grand Tursimo Prologue) just because the game is again pushed back until 2009.

I could really care less how many times my 360 blows up as long as Microsoft is footing the bill...

Back