midpipe mod

too many toys

Registered
I have a set of slip-ons on my bike that just arent loud at all. I took some advice that I got on the board and I took the end-cap off and removed the sound packing. The bike still doesnt sound the way I want. I read somewhere about a mod to the midpipe to remove the baffle to get a better sound. Can anyone help me with this?

The midpipe has a baffle in it?
Thought about getting a set of shorty's? Might be the sound your looking for. :-)

Find a local muffler shop that does mandrel bent exhaust and have them make you some new stainless midpipes. then you will have much larger I.D. transistions from the header to the muffler. That should open up the sound a little for you.

Like this ??

HID_s_021.jpg

Is this the midpipe mod I read about? How does it sound? It looks like there is one pipe inside of another- is this the baffle I read about? Sorry for the dumb questions but I am new to the motorcycle thing. I want a better sound, I really dont care about any added power as I cant really use what I have now riding here in NYC. This bike still hasnt seen the high side of 6k rpm as I run out of room too quickly. Thank for the replies guys.....
beerchug.gif

get yourself one of these,nothing sounds or performs better right now,,gen3 pipes with brocks new alien head

BROCKS.jpg

That sounds pretty good. How is it under load? Any echoing in your helmet on the highway? It looks like Im going to have to either cut the midpipes or cut my slip-ons down to shortys. I dont really have the money right now for a new exhaust. Where do I find instructions for the midpipe mod?

This is what I have. I love the sound. I took the baffles out. No need to reprogram cause I still have the factory headers and midpipe.--->
EBAY.COM
AUCTION # 120218873994

Back