1st gen midpipes

tyremyke

Registered
Does anyone make a bolt on midpipe without the baffles for the 1st gen busa. I have yoshi slip ons but it just doesnt make any noise at all. I would definitely try a set if anyone had them. I could have a set made but it would be quicker and easier to buy them. Anybody know of such a thing????

Does anyone make a bolt on midpipe without the baffles for the 1st gen busa. I have yoshi slip ons but it just doesnt make any noise at all. I would definitely try a set if anyone had them. I could have a set made but it would be quicker and easier to buy them. Anybody know of such a thing????

Baffles in the midpipes???? You just need different mufflers, like D&D, they're pretty loud(or cut yours shorter) or a loud full system. Exhaust tone and decibel levels vary greatly between many different brands and types of exhausts. Your Yoshis may/may not have baffles in them, but if so they're in the muffler exit openings, the midpipes are just straight thru tubes.

Your Yoshi cans can be made louder. Just need a drill and a rivet gun to reinstall the rivets. Some mufflers come with baffles that can be removed with ease.

i dont want it to be ear piercing loud, just a lil noise. the midpipes definitely have baffles, you can run it without mufflers and it still isnt very loud. this is my 3rd 1st gen. i think ill have a set made and see what it sounds like.

I am going to try my best to talk Rinehart Racing into making some Busa pipes. They only do Harleys right now. The president/founder lives across the street from me.

I think the time might be good to ask him again.

I am going to try my best to talk Rinehart Racing into making some Busa pipes. They only do Harleys right now. The president/founder lives across the street from me.

I think the time might be good to ask him again.

Racing and Harley.... isn't that an oxymoron? :laugh:

Racing and Harley.... isn't that an oxymoron? :laugh:

It's made him a very rich man...lol
He designs all the Nascar pipes and have about 50% share of the Harley market.. You know they love the loud pipes.:rofl:

But he is actually brilliant and could probably find some horsepower in his design. I'm going to keep pestering him.

There are lots of full exhaust options for this bike guys.. Just replace it all, why just mid pipe back, or just the mufflers? Save yourself enough weight doing that to make it feel like a completely different (better) bike!

Back