Midpipe Exhaust Mod - 2008 - Part I

vvmt

Registered
Midpipe Exhaust Mod - 2008

Was looking for a narrow long sweeping look on the sides of my Busa. I couldn't believe how great these sounded when finished with no back fire. Only somewhat of a nice crackle on downshifting. These are the stock midpipes with the bolts cut off along the welds with Headman Header Exhaust Tips. Since I'm always taking off of this site, thought I'd share this. I've seen some others on here as well.

Bend these out of the way

Using a grinder, follow the weld and cut them off

Grind this off as well

Clean up the ends

As you can see, the tips have a smaller side and these fit almost perfect into the mid-pipe and out of the inner pipe.
FaceBook Links Do Not Work

These don't have any baffles, just resonators

End of Part I

Last edited:
Part II

Perfect Fit

Line everything up with the tips angle cuts

Mothers will shine up the mid almost to Chrome. Was thinking of painting them black but it just looked great like it is.

Rivet the "Tips" on the "Mid" - Just get an extra Busa if you need parts or mess up, like I did...???

Secure the pipes! They don't need to fall off and go through someones window. :banghead:

Last edited:
Part III

The Final Product

You Tube - Wow!:cheerleader:
- Hayabusa 2008 - Midpipe Mod with Headman Header Tips[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great only thing for me is would have been nice if you could have curved the midpipes to tuck the tips little into the bike so they would sit just below the passenger pegs, but great job none the less. :thumbsup:

Had to take off the tips and put some cheap baffels before the tips, there just wasn't enough back pressure and was using to much gas. Seems to have fixed the problem. Can't afford a power commander or I think that would have fixed the problem.

IMG_2023.jpg

Had to take off the tips and put some cheap baffels before the tips, there just wasn't enough back pressure and was using to much gas. Seems to have fixed the problem. Can't afford a power commander or I think that would have fixed the problem.

What size baffle did you use?

Great option to those that want this look and save money compared to the Voodoos. Could you provide a cost to perform this mod?

Back