Middle TN Ride 12/14

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Yesterday's weather was supposed to be in mid 50s with some rain in the area and high winds. Met up near Mid-South Motorsports in Clarksville TN with some other local riders - and whaddya know, finally another Busa shows up - a pumpkin with only 200 miles on it and a relatively new rider (gave him the board info told him it would be very informative). About 10-12 bikes including 2 Busas, an Aprilla, R6's, then Harley's etc.

Started to catch a little rain but the wind seemed to keep it down. Somewhere out in Houston County, right after a decent set of twisties, we came up on a TN State Trooper sitting on the side of the road - kinda hard to signal "LEO" when grabbing brakes! When we went by we were all doing the limit - and waited about 2 miles for him to come follow us.

Rode out to State Hwy 232; the faster bikes ranged forward while the slower bikes took a more leisurely pace. At the end, about 4 of us stopped, and after a few moments, nobody showed up. Became obvious something was wrong - started putting gear back on to go back when one of the Victory's showed up, said someone was down - I asked with trepidation "what color bike?"; he paused for a sec and said "ORANGE"

I just knew it was the other Busa. About the time we started back, here they come. The rider had panicked in a turn, grabbed brake and clutch and sat up - went right across the road. Rider not hurt, but scuffed up the LH plastics/exhaust/mirror/stator cover/broke clutch lever. Had to ride the bike home grinding the gears. I think he was unprepared for just how heavy the bike is compared to his first bike and the gyro effect...

Stopped for a decent lunch, the pretty much broke up as everyone took separate ways home. Crossed the ferry at Cumberland City, down to Charlotte/Ashland City and back to Pleasant View.

Since this thread is almost worthless without pics, here's one I got off my cell phone. Wounded his pride more than anything. Hopefully he'll show up here and become a new member!

On top of it, I was at a party the previous night; one of my neighbors says he wants to start riding a motorcycle (no experience) and tells me he wants a Busa - spend the next hour or so trying to talk him out of it until he gains some riding experience....

About 4 hours and 200 miles, take what ride I can get this time of year!

IMAGE_025.jpg

Back