Micron Exhaust

arey

Go Giants
Donating Member
Registered
I am planning on getting slipons.Has anybody seen busas with micron installed would like to know how they look & most of all there sound.

cant go wrong with them. there are many can choices, i have full system with carbon oval can , love the noise.

Dont buy slip ons - for the same money you can get a full system -a 4-2-1 and get improved performance - which slip ons won't give you. Do it right!

Thanks guys does anybody on this site have microns, If so please post pics

Thinker has Micron slip-ons, by all accounts they are quality pieces with a good sound.

ksheldon has a point though regarding the full system.  Just remember that a full system requires PAIR removal, removal of your fairings, a Power Commander, and tuning time.  So the prices are not equal and the level of effort involved increases substantially, especially when you consider the bolts ons will take about 10-20 minutes.  However, with bolt ons you will not see any power gains really...but it will sound better.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076509472 -->

I have and love the sound and look. Doesn't do much for performance but hey it was performing fine when I bought it
laugh.gif

droppedbusa1.jpg

Thinker has Micron slip-ons, by all accounts they are quality pieces with a good sound.

ksheldon has a point though regarding the full system.  Just remember that a full system requires PAIR removal, removal of your fairings, a Power Commander, and tuning time.  So the prices are not equal and the level of effort involved goes increases substantially, especially when you consider the bolts ons will take about 10-20 minutes.  However, with bolt ons you will not see any power gains of any sort really...but it will sound better.
Thanks Rev. I am really not interested in more power, stock has more than enough for me. I am interested in quality,looks & good sound you answered that for me. Which one of the two you think has a better sound , Micron or Yoshi. Here in PR I am yet to see a busa with Microns installed.

ksheldon has a point though regarding the full system.  Just remember that a full system requires PAIR removal, removal of your fairings, a Power Commander, and tuning time.  So the prices are not equal and the level of effort involved goes increases substantially, especially when you consider the bolts ons will take about 10-20 minutes.  However, with bolt ons you will not see any power gains of any sort really...but it will sound better.
Thanks Rev. I am really not interested in more power, stock has more than enough for me. I am interested in quality,looks & good sound you answered that for me. Which one of the two you think has a better sound , Micron or Yoshi. Here in PR I am yet to see a busa with Microns installed.
the microns have a deeper sound than the yosh's that are mellow in the city or at cruising speeds but twist the throttle and it sounds like a beast...but still not loud enough to piss off the neighbors unless you really want to
biggrin.gif

I checked them oth out and thought the microns gave the busa a different/deeper sound. And the quality is EXCELLENT. I have the polished stainless steel cans.

I have and love the sound and look. Doesn't do much for performance but hey it was performing fine when I bought it
laugh.gif
Looks good. Is That 4-2-1 you have there ?
I have heard full system yoshi & slipons, to me the slipons sound louder is Micron the same.

laugh.gif
Looks good. Is That 4-2-1 you have there ?
I have heard full system yoshi & slipons, to me the slipons sound louder is Micron the same.
Those are slip-ons and its probably louder because there are two pipes, which is pretty much gonna be the same with any slip-ons

Thanks alot dezzy7. I think my busa will be wearing Microns.  
biggrin.gif
Hey Arey, good choice. I don't run Microns, but Thinker62 does. Being as that you have the blue/silver color scheme, a set of blue/silver Microns would be the lick. Just hit Thinker up and he can post a pic of his bike with the matched-color Mirons on it. Looks good to say the least. And since you say noone in PR has Microns on their Busa, then you will definitely turn some heads with a color-matched set. Although it would be hard not to turn a head at those sweet ass bikes out there...
biggrin.gif

Brian

biggrin.gif

OK Not my bike but here is Thinkers Ride with the Micron's. By all accounts he was quiet pleased. Micron customer service from what he had said was pretty good as well.

Dezzy7 said pretty much what I would have said. I like both Yoshimura and Micron but Micron gets my vote for now because Yoshi apparantly isn't making Tri-Oval Slip on's for the Busa. I like the way Microns sound on other bike but I haven't heard any on a Busa yet...

ThinkerMicrons_Small.jpg

Here's an old pic of my Busa...she past away on Dec 26...may she rest in peace in Busa heaven. She sounded great!
sad.gif

BusaMod2.JPG

Everyone said it right, nice deep sound and outstanding quality on the scorched titanium. Good luck choosing.

2_Babes_8_28_03_001.jpg

Hey Arey, good choice.  I don't run Microns, but Thinker62 does.  Being as that you have the blue/silver color scheme, a set of blue/silver Microns would be the lick.  Just hit Thinker up and he can post a pic of his bike with the matched-color Mirons on it.  Looks good to say the least.  And since you say noone in PR has Microns on their Busa, then you will definitely turn some heads with a color-matched set.  Although it would be hard not to turn a head at those sweet ass bikes out there...
biggrin.gif

Brian
I was thinking about that combination there called blue to silver fusion.I keep looking @ them but I don't know if after the blue color when silver comes in if it's polished silver our if its like the stock grey.Looking @ thinkers bike it looks polish but looking @ flyboys it looks like the stock color.

OK Not my bike but here is Thinkers Ride with the Micron's.  By all accounts he was quiet pleased.  Micron customer service from what he had said was pretty good as well.

Dezzy7 said pretty much what I would have said.  I like both Yoshimura and Micron but Micron gets my vote for now because Yoshi apparantly isn't making Tri-Oval Slip on's for the Busa.  I like the way Microns sound on other bike but I haven't heard any on a Busa yet...
Thanks Rev for the pic & all the info. It looks sweet

Here's an old pic of my Busa...she past away on Dec 26...may she rest in peace in Busa heaven. She sounded great!
sad.gif
Thanks flyboy see was looking sweet sorry to hear you lost her but the important thing is that you are all right.
One ? after the black on the slipons when it goes to silver was it shinny or kind of scale like stock pipes.

Back