Michelin Pilot Sport HPXs

The Oracle

Registered
I just replaced my rear tire with the OEM one (since my front was still doing good).

But, I went ahead and searched for Michelin Pilot Sport HPX pricing online to go ahead and get them in advance.  I did this, so that I don't have to wait when the time comes to change 'em again.

Anyway, on to my point...  I found some excellent pricing here: http://www.motorcycletireplanet.com

Here is my price I recieved, plus a couple of comparisons:

Rear  Front  Description
===============================
$175  $113  Motorcycletireplanet
$250  $147  Worst online price I found
$260  $167  My local cycle shop
$275  $176  Suggested retail pricing from Michelin

With $21 shipping, I paid $308.90 for both the front and rear (HPX's mind-you!) and my local cycle shop wanted $445.18!!!  How do they expect to stay in business??  If it was closer (not $140 more), I would have gone with them to support 'em.

BTW - the tireplanet place is located in Ohio, so, you Buckeye fans might pay a hair more with tax and all.

Hope this helped someone, Vaughn.

Lets hear a review after a few hundred miles
biggrin.gif
. I doubt I will be getting rid of my M1's anytime soon, but I like to know if something better is out there, but i dont think there will be hehe
smile.gif

Lets hear a review after a few hundred miles
biggrin.gif
. I doubt I will be getting rid of my M1's anytime soon, but I like to know if something better is out there, but i dont think there will be hehe
smile.gif
I will definitly review... I have heard they need to warm up a BUNCH more than M1's and other tires. But, they supposedly grip like no other tire available for street! Excellent ratings in rain too.

Back