Metzeler M6?

ruder

Registered
Does anyone have some experience with these tires on their Busa?

I currently have Michelin Pilot Road 2 on my bike. They have done 600km and will be burned. Took a 60 degree right hander on a wet road, and the front slipped out. Ended up sliding on my knees next to the bike trying to control the slide.

I have not been happy with the PR2 since I got them, I found their grip terrible even on a dry road. They squirm and let go suddenly without warning. This is the 3rd time the front slid out, but the first time I came off the bike.

Before the PR2 I had a set of Metzeler K1, and they were epic when it came to grip and handling. Only problem was the rear lasted me 1500km. So I am considering the M6 now.

Just for reference I have a K9 Hayabusa.

Why are you using Pilot Roads on a Hayabusa? I have been using Pilot Power 2CT's and they stick like glue. To be honest, most any decent sport tire should work just fine for most condition, really it's a feel preference. If you ride a little faster or test the limits of grip in the twisties tire choice is more critical.

But the PR 2 aren't really sporting tires???????

Yes, and they are a higher milage tire that performs well within limits. I have pushed them harder than I should and never experienced the issues you seem to be having. I assume you mean 6000Km and they are spent?

What pressures are you running on the tires?

One other thing...if you have pushed the front end out twice, why have you not replaced the tire in the first place?

A good set of Dunlop Q2s, Bridgestone BT-016, or Michelin PP2Cts would give you good grip but with less milage than the Michelin PR2s.

Does anyone have some experience with these tires on their Busa?

I currently have Michelin Pilot Road 2 on my bike. They have done 600km and will be burned. Took a 60 degree right hander on a wet road, and the front slipped out. Ended up sliding on my knees next to the bike trying to control the slide.

I have not been happy with the PR2 since I got them, I found their grip terrible even on a dry road. They squirm and let go suddenly without warning. This is the 3rd time the front slid out, but the first time I came off the bike.

Before the PR2 I had a set of Metzeler K1, and they were epic when it came to grip and handling. Only problem was the rear lasted me 1500km. So I am considering the M6 now.

Just for reference I have a K9 Hayabusa.

I contemplated road tires many time for my busa due to long distance traveling. but the times I do hit the twisties I cannot compromise grip. I have been using just the normal Pilot Powers. I love them!!! I hit 7000 kms on them and still have tread left. Never a road tire on a busa. :rulez:

I contemplated road tires many time for my busa due to long distance traveling. but the times I do hit the twisties I cannot compromise grip. I have been using just the normal Pilot Powers. I love them!!! I hit 7000 kms on them and still have tread left. Never a road tire on a busa. :rulez:

i agree, i put some miles on the busa, but a lot of those miles consist of twisties. michelin PP2ct's is def my choice:thumbsup:.

I'm running the Metzler Roadtec Z6 Interacts, (replaced the "slippery when wet" stock Bridgestones at 1,800 miles) I've got about 4,000 miles on them and they are great! I like the feel and the confidence in the rain or dry. Been using Metzler Sport Touring tires for many years...:beerchug:

If you are looking for a road tire that works well in the wet, Dunlop Roadsmart has received high reviews. I have no personal experience with the Roadsmart.

to the op....if you are slidding the front out i wonder if you dont have a problem with the way your suspension is set up...i am sure the tires had a little to do with it but i think there is more to the equation then tires. it almost sounds like your suspension is either to tight and you dont have enough recoil or you are way too loose and the front is overloading.....as others stated though dont run road tires on a busa. you need to have shoes on here that will maintain the road to her abilities wether you are capable of those abilities or not.

I say this accepting any criticsm but I used the Metzeler M6 tire on my former bike which was a Kawasaki ZZR1200. I loved those tires. I do not ride on tracks but I do push my bike at any oppurtunity I can find. I have not ridden my Busa for very long due to getting deployed three months after I bought it but one of the upgrades I planned on doing was replacing the tires and I will more then likely go with the M6s. I am going to look into the tires that some of the others have posted on this thread but I allready have an idea and that company does make great sport touring tires.

Side note for long trips. I average 10,000 miles a summer (four month period in Michigan). I usually get about 6,000 miles before I need to change and sometimes if it isnt wet I can make it to 7,500 but that is pushing it and more then once I flat track at stop lights.

Hope that helps.

I bought the PR2 because of advice from a lot of websites and other riders. I needed a tire that could give me a few more miles - where I live the roads are straight and flat therefore they get run off very quickly.

They have done 600 kilometer - not 6000. Michelin says it is a Sport-Touring tire. I believed them. I did not change after the first slip because I thought it was the suspension. Also there is no return policies here as in the US. Here when you buy it, it is your problem. If it does not work throw away and buy something else, which is also a problem as comparatively (to the US) tires are very expensive here.

Back