Met an awesome cop..and he helped me put my chain and sprockets on!

rashad

Registered
Well, last night was a rush...

There is this local guy.. hes a police officer. Young guy, one of those nice people that never stop being nice and dont need a reason to help other than..to just help.

He rides that Ducati Motard bike..the one from Yes man..with a 2200 dollar exhaust system..and he rides it well. He also has a knackered looking r6 track bike. And used to ride a TL1000R until it was slayed by "The Dragon."

He has about every tool a motorcycle mechanic would need, and he opens his doors to ANYONE who needs help. As I pulled into his garage he motioned me into the front wheel chock, and locked her in, then pitbulled the rear. In about 3 minutes we had the wheel off and were chatting like old friends. You truly meet the nicest people on a motorcycle! This guy does not come across as your typical police officer... i dont mean that negatively..but he seems way to calm and laid back.

We had a few snags... found out that i already had a 16T front sprocket.. which would explain my speedometer being so off. And now I have 16/42 which was an odd ride home..considering I have no reference for what speed im going yet. Going to get a speedohealer asap!

All in all, it was a great night... and the only thing I have yet to do is brakes and she will be DONE with maintenance and everything except appearance mods.

OH! And I got a pm from him on the local boards..

"Hey, I have a valve shim kit for the TL1000R that cost about 300 bucks.. I have no use for it so if it will work for your bike you can have it.. only if you promise to help shim BBBusa's bike as well."

Then I got this:

"I did some research and looks like it is the same kit. So its yours!"

He is going to help me set my sag sometime here soon, and check my valve clearances with that shim kit. What a guy. Thing is, there are people like him on this very forum. That is why as I learn how to do things like TB sync and valve shimming etc... I will ALWAYS open my doors to help other busa guys for free. It is the best way to pay it forward. Have a good day guys..:beerchug:

Nice to hear that you're getting your bike in back in good shape, learning how to do it yourself, and making good friends in the process. Sounds like you are liking your bike again. Plus one on paying it forward. Ride on. :thumbsup:

Man that is great. I like hearing thing where people are always willing to help others with out expecting anything in return. That is the way i am. I love to give a helping hand to my fellow man or lady just to feel good about doing it. I wish i could find someone around my area that works on bikes so i could learn or maybe teach things about the busa. Anyway i am glad for ya and keep up the good you do for people.

well get him on the board and bring him on up for the M&G comeing up

he rides a duc though chris.... hes never ridden a busa though and i told him he could take mine for a spin anytime..

He had to go to the track today... gonna do some racing with that r6!

Back