Merry Christmas to me!

brett1k

Registered
Well black Friday shopping was pretty fun for me. I took a 3 hour trip to State 8 Motorcycle Mall in Peninsula, OH and picked up a new 09 white Busa. I'm keeping my 01 1000 that I've had since new cause now is not the best time to sell. Besides I'm not really sure I want to sell it. Yeah, the Odo. says 0 mi. The way the weather looks right now it's going to sit that way for the next 4 months too. That's gonna be killer. But that will give me plenty of time to get the fairings off and put a Brocks pipe, pc, and lowering link on I hope. Jesus, the way it sounds that fairing is Gorilla glued on there. I'm just gonna take my time and get all the advice I can from the org. It should be a fun project and will hopefully make winter a little shorter.
I got a great deal on it too, $9999 plus Tax, title and Doc. fee. I paid more than that for the 01 Gixxer in the spring of 01. It was well worth the 300 mile round trip. Let the modding begin :cheerleader:

View attachment 1593249

View attachment 1593250

View attachment 1593251

View attachment 1593252

Turns out it was about 50 and sunny this morning so I took her for a little ride. She now has 8 miles on it. I'm gonna try to break it in by the book so it was a little boring at 5500 rpm but I could tell it was just starting to wake up. Bike feels very smooth and once it is rolling it doesn't seem all that heavy. I gotta say I was a little nervous the first time I tried to lift it off the side stand full of fuel, oil and battery in. It's was way heavier than the Gixxer. It was also a lot heavier than when it was sitting on the showroom floor. Spring can't get here soon enough. :please:

Back