'05 Hayabusa = Merry Christmas to Me!

cool.gif

welcome.gif
 nice.  your looking for mods already! the fever has hit you hard. is it bone stock right now or do you now?
It was bone stock when I bought it.  I just did the D&D slip-ons the first week, but wasn't really expecting any HP from it, just better sound.  

I find I can shoot crazy foot-long blue flames on demand during deceleration now, which is still a novelty for me and is great for backing off a tailgater, but I'm guessing it'll get old.  Anyone know if they are harmful in any way?  I think I read about the PAIR valve mod helping with that, I need to do more searching though.  I'm sure I can tune that out with a PowerCommander as well, but that's a lot of $$ to spend just to get a couple HP and stop backfires.

If you wanna wake that sucker up i.e.--really surprise your friends,  try a 1" raise in the rear and replace those stock sagging fork springs with some .95's.  You look like your over 200 pounds.  WOW!  the difference is amazing..
Welcome to the addiction and congratulations on the fastest color!
I keep reading about raising the rear an inch.  Is it tough to do or a basic adjustment?  Also, 1" above what?  Stock?  How can you tell?  Again, I'm sure I can search around and find it, but if you are anyone else knows a quick answer or has a link that would be great!

I'm only about 175 pounds.  Being 5'8" and in pretty good shape, I'd have a hard time getting to 200!  The fork springs feel pretty weak, but adequate for now.  I'll try the 1" lift first.  

I know for a fact the suspension needs some adjustment too.  It's great on a smooth road, but if there are some bumps in a turn it's a little too bouncy for me.  I just dread that task because I know it will take forever since it's so hard to find a decent test road around Orlando.  I'll start with a magazine-suggested settings and go from there I guess.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.  I'm sure I'll be here for a long while.  This bike really suits me well and the forum seems great!

super.gif
PM -->
99'busa @ Jan. 12 2008 said:
1266121[/ATTACH] PM]
welcome.gif
 nice.  your looking for mods already! the fever has hit you hard. is it bone stock right now or do you now?
It was bone stock when I bought it.  I just did the D&D slip-ons the first week, but wasn't really expecting any HP from it, just better sound.  

I find I can shoot crazy foot-long blue flames on demand during deceleration now, which is still a novelty for me and is great for backing off a tailgater, but I'm guessing it'll get old.  Anyone know if they are harmful in any way?  I think I read about the PAIR valve mod helping with that, I need to do more searching though.  I'm sure I can tune that out with a PowerCommander as well, but that's a lot of $$ to spend just to get a couple HP and stop backfires.
the backfires arent harmful. the pairvalve mod has two options sm.mod or lg. mod only dif. between the two is you loose a few pounds. but a very effective alternative and takes no $ and 15min. is shove a marble in the tube that comes from the pair valve to the bottom of airbox. the backfires and flames are from fresh air being put in exhaust. power commander wont work.
hello.gif

super.gif

Back