Measure your cans!

chain

Registered
So I'm ogling the bike in the garage last night and for some reason the back end of the thing strikes me the wrong way. Looks as if the left can is slightly outboard of the right one. I took a tape measure and checked the distance from the inside edge of the can to the outside edge of the OEM mud flap (aka air brake) and, sure enough, the left can sticks out into space 7/16" farther than the right one!

What the...
rock.gif

Strange, eh?

Can a couple of you boys take a second and grab a measurement on your bikes?

Thanks!

opdsgt

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1092668473 -->

hehe, you must have been staring at it for a while to see almost a .5" diff
smile.gif
can u feel the love for these things
biggrin.gif

Just like most right handed people, their right arm is just slightly longer.
biggrin.gif

bump.gif

So nobody with stock exhaust and the OEM mudflap is gonna walk out to the garage and measure for me?

Pretty please???

i didnt get really exact numbers but the left is slightly out than the right. man you must have been really looking at that bike to see that. 99.9% of the people will not notice that on the busa. its normal, ride and have fun.

bone

ps if it bothers you just drop the bike on the left side and it'll probably move it in alittle so they'll be closer. ha ha.

i didnt get really exact numbers but the left is slightly out than the right.  man you must have been really looking at that bike to see that.
YEEEESSSSS! Validation! I KNEW my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.
smile.gif

As for how long I sat there staring at the back end of the bike, let's just say I have an eye for pipes; one of my recently departed bikes was a Monster with twin high-mount carbon Arrows. It took a long time to get that install right. I had to do some bending and fabbing to get them straight and aligned.

Just call me eagle eye.
tounge.gif

opdsgt

Mine is the same, I never noticed it unit someone pointed it out in an earlier post.

I say toss the heavy stockers and go with titanium..
With all due respect, I've modded the heck out of so many of my past bikes that I'm just not into that sort of thing lately. Other than nixing the warning stickers and reflectors, then adding spools and a Tankslapper, this bike will remain stock.

Mine is the same, I never noticed it unit someone pointed it out in an earlier post.
A local riding friend of mine who's got a copper '03 called me up tonight and reamed me out for e-mailing him a request to measure his cans. Yep, sure enough, his are just like ours.

Oh well, not a big deal, I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one.

The stock cans on my '03 also were off the same amount or so. The left can is noticeably sticking out further than the right can although most people cannot see it. I am eagle eye so i caught it the first day I bought it. Oh well.

Back