Me vs. K8 BK vs. K8 Gsxr1000

tegbusa

Registered
Well, first let me give a brief description about my busa, 06 LE 2500miles totally stock except for the D&D boltons. anyways, today i raced 2 of my friends, we had 3 runs, first run was from stand still, i still suck at launch, it wheelied a bit and i had to back off the throttle a couple of times, so i lost that one.  
banghead.gif

Second run, was 2nd gear roll on, the BK had it's chance a bit and i was right at it's tale and I don't know about the Gixxer, but i'm sure it was behind me  
cool.gif
, 3rd gear in i was passing the BK, 4th gear i was in the front and i can see the Gixxer behind me and then the BK. We discovered that the BK will give up at high speed because of the aerodynamic i guess.

Last run was the best run, it was 3rd gear roll on and man the busa hauls ass, i was doing close to 160 and i could see the Gixxer behind me by about 2 bikes and then the BK.  
race.gif

super.gif

BTW, this was my first offical street race on the busa, and I was thrilled and sad at the same time
sad.gif
. I just feel guilty that i raced on the street, i have a 7 yrs old boy and another kid on the way, i always tell myself that i shouldn't be racing anymore. But the busa is just like crack.
sadnews.gif

Way to represent bro
bowdown.gif

I know what you mean-- just be careful where you crack it open- but it is impossible to own one of the baddest bikes on the planet and not "grip it and rip it !!"

Just be careful and wear your gear
thumb_up.gif

I feel the same about street racing, but I catch myself getting caught in the excitement too. As mentioned, "Way to represent
muscle.gif
"
smile.gif
. By the way, my mostly stock '05 held it's own against more than one Gixxer 1K. It all depends on the rider, the RPM's, the gear, as most of us understand.

Who's bike in your avatar ?

And YES I KNOW Busa's bike for bike have trouble with the liter bikes, but come on, he did say 06 LE (pearl white), and WE ALL KNOW they're the fastest !!!

Who's bike in your avatar ?  

And YES I KNOW Busa's bike for bike have trouble with the liter bikes, but come on, he did say 06 LE (pearl white), and WE ALL KNOW they're the fastest !!!
My bike, I got the LE first and it was totalled 2 days later by one of my friends
guns.gif
, since then i sometimes make a mistake and call this one LE too. Sorry to dissapoint you but blk/red is the Fastest.
laugh.gif

Oh if you were on the Black, and Red...I call
bs.gif
tissue.gif
corner2.png
Only the 06 LE's can beat the Gixxer 1K's. Shame on you !!! LOL

I think your Gixxer rider may need lessons....
+1
A K7-K8 GSX-R1000 will keep pace with a Gen II busa and will destroy a Gen I...................talkin' stock vs stock here.
+2

I'll be more than happy to show how the gixxer is supposed to be ridden. Shift too early and you're not even in the meat in the powerband, shift past redline and you're past peak hp. The aeros also require the rider to basically have his helmet "under the gastank paint." If he's too upright, it's just as bad as putting a parachute behind the gixx. It really is that sensitive.

Last week the local bike shop brought out a B-king and a CBR 1000rr for our regular Wednesday night ride. Got to ride both bikes and liked them both for different reasons. As we headed out of town we have a street that is posted 100km/62mph. There are 3 sets of lights on this road and a mile in between them. My friend, who has 1/4 mile experience and 60lbs lighter was on the B-king. I spanked him 3 times in a row. After that we did 3 gear roll ons and it was a dead heat until a shifted into 4th. Later I was riding the B-king and went up against the CBR 1000rr and got spanked. I am 100lb heavier then the rider on the CBR. We switched bikes and I spanked the B-king with the CBR. Busa is up for sale and I am getting the CBR.

+1
A K7-K8 GSX-R1000 will keep pace with a Gen II busa and will destroy a Gen I...................talkin' stock vs stock here.
+2

I'll be more than happy to show how the gixxer is supposed to be ridden. Shift too early and you're not even in the meat in the powerband, shift past redline and you're past peak hp. The aeros also require the rider to basically have his helmet "under the gastank paint." If he's too upright, it's just as bad as putting a parachute behind the gixx. It really is that sensitive.
True, the Gixxer rider weights around 250lb and i actually noticed him riding upright probably being affected by the BK riding position.

Last week the local bike shop brought out a B-king and a CBR 1000rr for our regular Wednesday night ride. Got to ride both bikes and liked them both for different reasons. As we headed out of town we have a street that is posted 100km/62mph. There are 3 sets of lights on this road and a mile in between them. My friend, who has 1/4 mile experience and 60lbs lighter was on the B-king. I spanked him 3 times in a row. After that we did 3 gear roll ons and it was a dead heat until a shifted into 4th. Later I was riding the B-king and went up against the CBR 1000rr and got spanked. I am 100lb heavier then the rider on the CBR. We switched bikes and I spanked the B-king with the CBR. Busa is up for sale and I am getting the CBR.
R U
pillepalle.gif

+1
+2

True, the Gixxer rider weights around 250lb and i actually noticed him riding upright probably being affected by the BK riding position.
AH HA...................now it comes out, a 250 pound gixxer rider, that explains it, yikes! I would think most us gixxer guys to be light weights. I'm 6-2 but only 168 drippin' wet. The bigger guys usually feel more comfy on the bus.

Back