MC Mustang at MotoGP

Chris, I had no expectations of it at all - but we were so close to the riders - and almost all of them were cool - the standouts were:
Vale!
Colin Edwards
Karel Abraham... I talked with Karel for about 20 minutes... he asked what I do for a living and when I told him that I am an aircraft mechanic, he asked if I had ever worked on or flown in a helicopter... I explained that I did that for about 23 years in the military... turns out he is a licensed helicopter pilot as well! The whole thing was awesome... so are we doing COTA or what?

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!

Chris, I had no expectations of it at all - but we were so close to the riders - and almost all of them were cool - the standouts were:
Vale!
Colin Edwards
Karel Abraham... I talked with Karel for about 20 minutes... he asked what I do for a living and when I told him that I am an aircraft mechanic, he asked if I had ever worked on or flown in a helicopter... I explained that I did that for about 23 years in the military... turns out he is a licensed helicopter pilot as well! The whole thing was awesome... so are we doing COTA or what?

No expectations = No disappointments
In your case far from disappointing. Truly looks like the time of a lifetime for any true MotoGP fan. In your first couple pics you look like is this really happening. As time goes on you can tell reality set in (and a few beers I'm sure) and you have perma grin. So Glad you were able to document it and share with us!

COTA is probably not gonna happen for me this year. I work in retail and work every weekend (this is when I make $$). I am taking 4/19 Sat to practice. And 4/27 Sunday will be my first race weekend as a Provisional Novice. :-)
4/13 would be 3 weekends in a row...my boss and my wallet would both have a fit.
I here it is a beautiful track and I am sure you will have a blast. At this venue general admission is the way to go. I had some friends spend $1000s on paddock VIP passes last year with serious disappointment. No riders met, no signatures, they were bummed. Maybe different this year maybe just growing pains.

That IS JUST FREAKING AWESOME!!!

And it was a GREAT race, too!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Shawn, I have one question for you... Did you tell Vale that Bessie will outrun him down the front straight? :rofl:

This trip is LEGEN....... wait for it...... DARY!!!!! LEGENDARY!!!!!

Congrats, Shawn, and thank you for sharing it with us :beerchug:

Shawn, I have one question for you... Did you tell Vale that Bessie will outrun him down the front straight? :rofl: This trip is LEGEN....... wait for it...... DARY!!!!! LEGENDARY!!!!! Congrats, Shawn, and thank you for sharing it with us :beerchug:
The last time I said anything like that, Keith Code ended up sitting on Bessie!

I just got thru showing this thread to my daughter (while Ixsnay on the hatnay); How long's it been since you heard a 12 year old girl squeal loud enough to break glass? (tapping my ear that is now ringing) :)

Someone has to pin this thread as the permanent number one in the Racing section. It is absolutely amazing, and the pictures and descriptions made me feel like I was standing right there. Totally, unbelievably, awesome!

OK You win buddy...what a trip sir. I can't anticipate any trip that could top this one...

Yeah, so here's the thing... I haven't even started talking about the race yet!!! I have more pics and there are a couple of pics from other people's cameras that I am waiting for... w00t!

I just got thru showing this thread to my daughter (while Ixsnay on the hatnay); How long's it been since you heard a 12 year old girl squeal loud enough to break glass? (tapping my ear that is now ringing) :)

That is awesome!

Awesome is gonna be the vid I post when your package arrives...

Keith, it will be enroute... I leave for Switzerland tonight...

Back