Maybe, one day you will not be allowed to service your own bike?

Very interseting topic. I think people should be allowed to fix just about anything they own.

There are some scary laws thou. A friend of mine who is a Class A gas fitter (highest you can get in Canada) tells me that as a home owner you have the right to fix your own gas appliances. This one scares me a bit. If you fug up on the repair or installation of a gas appliance you could potentionally take out the whole block with an' explosion/fire.

The car thing,I agree somewhat. Just hope they never "blanket policy" the entire car. When my headlights blow a fuse I want to be able to fix that myself,and not be stranded in the middle of nowhere at night. I also dont want to pay for a tow truck and some 100 dollar an hour tech to replace a 50 cent fuse.At the same time I'm not sure I want some DIY'er with the knowledge of a chimp fixing his own brakes,puts us a motorcyclist's at extreme risk.

Great topic Jelly.

RSD.

greasemonkey.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

Will never fly. All ready been challenged in court back in the seventies and the automakers lost. Too many shops would have to shut down and they have a strong lobby.

Pfft....the hell! The only thing I care to work on is my Mustang and my Busa, though I admit now that Omar is around, he works on 'em more than I do.

How else can most of us afford toy ownership though? Honestly? A few years back, single gal, I run my car or bike to any shop and I don't get a straight answer, or I get the run-around, so I joined Mustang forums or asked questions and did it myself. No one's going to stop me from doing that...hell with them. Of course, I don't own any "new technology" either :rofl:

The harley crowd will kill that off, I remember somebody thought they should wear helmets here in Pa. once:laugh:

Just what we need more Government telling us what we can and cannot do with what we own.

What's next - are they going to tax the air we breathe? :banghead:

This will never fly!!!

It's just an attempt to monopolize the repair market and jack up prices at the dealers even more!

Computers (laptops, ipads, PC's, etc.) have been repaired by independent facilities for years, what the hell make car manufacturers think that their systems are so special!

Yes cars have basically become a mini rolling network with the advent of CAN bus, and yes the infotainment systems have become more complicated, however none of it is that difficult to sort out and repair.

I have an idea, make a car that's not designed to break at certain intervals and you wouldn't have to worry about regular people trying to fix stuff.

Back