Do you own a Sony TV?

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Just a heads up to members. I stumbled upon this link while on the Sony web site.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl....55WF655

The following modes are included.

KDF-WE655 series LCD projection televisions. (42 to 60 inch)

The problem is a blue color across the screen. If you have the model covered Sony will repair at no cost to you. These TV's were built back in 04/05 so thumbs up to Sony. I thought maybe it was the projector blub ($250.00) but in fact another part. (more money in your pocket)

Process will take around 30 minutes. Have your serial number/model number and purchase date if possible. Sony will issue you a ID number. Repairs done locally depending on your location.

r8

beerchug.gif

I forgot to mention that if this repair was done at a cost to you Sony will refund the money. You will need a receipt.

r8

Sony sent a tech to my house, he looked at it, verified it was the problem and showed up a week later with whole new innerds, he took everything out of a package and slid it in the frame of the TV. He said congrats you just got a new TV...... Much better picture and he said its basically a new TV except for the case.....

Way to go Sony

Yes Sir.

I always bought Sony when possible. This just secures my brand loyalty.

Will see what happens with mine.

r8

I have the 50" (last one on the list)... Nothing blue but have some black issues, looks like a cloud evry once in a while, I thought it was gonna need a bulb soon, maybe not... I'll give them a shout.

Update. Repair service picked up television on Friday. They will install a new light engine, updated model. Was told the picture would be better than new.

Will see.

r8

Thanks for this post John, no **** mine just started the blue issue at the bottom strip of the screen. We thought might be an issue with non-shielded speakers, or the shielding being defective, but nope. Its there. Will call tomorrow to get on this.

Guess I'm the only one affected by the Blue Hue on the EBC
sad.gif
Just my luck, always finding the odd things in life. But agree, Sony fixing this is absolutely great, other than I was trying to convince Hawk to let me get a new 1080p 50" LCD, now that this one will be fixed will have to wait longer. *I had to tell her there was a fix so she'd calm down about it all*

Just received a phone call from the TV shop. Sony is repaired with a new updated light engine and set to spec.
cool.gif

Deliver on the 15 Th.
thumb_up.gif

There was no charge for pickup and delivery as the repair shop was 60 miles away.

All on Sony.
cool.gif

r8

cool.gif

Sony delivered a few minutes ago. Wonderful and better than new.

WOW!
cool.gif

New light engine (expensive), $210.00 labor and $100.00 pickup/delivery charge.

All costs picked up by Sony.
thumb_up.gif

"Feelin good in the neighborhood."

r8

Now thats how you take care of people! I just bought a new Sony 46" LCD for Christmas. Good to know they stand behind their stuff.
thumb_up.gif

Hmmm Mine is a WCG I think..... 46 inch lcd flat screen. Atleast it says WCG CCPL on front??

The model recall is for Projection LCD televisions I believe. Follow link in first post.

r8

Back