Do you own one of these?

wv rider

Registered
Anyone with a 2000 or 2001 gsxr 750? Picked one up on the cheap and have been finding a lot of 600 parts on it. I'm having trouble getting it to run right. I found a 600 ecu installed. There is also another, smaller, ecu box mounted in close proximity to the rectifier in the tail. Do all gsxr 750's for these years have this second ecu box, or is my whole harness off of a 600? The frame and motor numbers I had suzuki run and they both came back as 750 parts. The frame is a 00 and the engine is a 01. Any help would be much appreciated.

i have a 01 750 not sure on the 2nd ecm dont believe mine has one but i would go to ronayers .com and check parts between the two bikes but i'm pretty sure that a 600 ecm on a 750 would not make the bike run right at all would seem to me ethat the timing and fuel maps would be different :welcome:

i have a 01 750 not sure on the 2nd ecm dont believe mine has one but i would go to ronayers .com and check parts between the two bikes but i'm pretty sure that a 600 ecm on a 750 would not make the bike run right at all would seem to me ethat the timing and fuel maps would be different :welcome:

They are different. The 2001 600 has a second, smaller ecu box I believe next to the rectifier. I am trying to figure out if I have a 600 harness installed on this bike. I changed the big ecu, the one behind the battery, with a 750 ecu. it runs better but still won't control the stv actuator. The second, smaller ecu should be next to the rectifier if it has one. If you could take a look that would be very helpful. I went to ron ayers but the results were inconclusive. This is the ecu box in question.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-GSXR-GSX-600-750-MIKUNI-TROTTLE-CONTROL-UNIT-CDI-ECM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35594QQihZ003QQitemZ130276118622QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited:
Back