Matrix REvolution

dezzy7

Registered
I just finished watching MAtrix Revolution, and walked out of the theater thinking....THAT SUCKED! Okay did I miss something or did it really suck on the level of Biker Boyz??? The first one was pretty good, the second one was mediocre, and this one just plain sucked...

Ok Trinity's Dead, NEO is
rock.gif
who knows dead, comatose, part of the machine, who really knows. The architect and Oracle are still hanging out. Was the key to this "everything has a beginning and an end" and thus the cycle continues?

Heck if this wasn't the final one, it needs to be ... IT sucked unless I missed something really big...

Give me the RETURN OF THE KING!

there shouldn't be another one but who knows.... it was made to be a trilogy and I hope thats it....

but there was more character development like that little girl satie(sp?) She was being made into the next oracle...anyway yeah its a tad more confusing that I don't feel like typing right now.

I thought it was cool.  But it depends what you wanted to get out of it.  It was pretty deep, or not, if you don't get it.  The whole thing [all 3] was a plot around man and machine meeting a mutual agreement, and how man has choices.  If you don't enjoy thinking alot, it was cool eye candy and action. There are about 12 levels to these movies and every time I watch I pick out something new I didn't 'get' before because of what the later movie told me.
Many were disappointed because it didn't have the subconsciouly expected "Hollywood bang, good guys win" ending that we are all brought up to expect.  It's really just a really cool story, nothing more.
Personally I enjoyed the symbolism about people being locked in a matrix and having no idea they are locked in anything.  I see this in people all around me - someone who sucks at work and doesn't know why, a guy on his forth marriage, a woman who remains lonely because her desperation scares all men away, people who go to work thinking that MAKES them who they are.  It's great symbolism if you are not so locked up already you can step back and see it.
First time I saw Revolutions, I missed alot.  Second time I scooped up the rest.  Third time was just fun understanding it more.  
The first movie was monumentally creative and the follow ups could never have that same impact.  Unless they were some completely different gerne.... which wouldn't make sense.

I wish more movies made me use my brain and didn't expect me to NOT be able to figure things out on my own.

Did you have specific questions?  I believe Neo's body is dead but his program (soul) went to a higher place (memory processor).  Smith's program couldn't comprehend Neo's drive or human's capacity for love and the question drove him crazy.  Neo knew the question WAS the answer.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071538002 -->

Dude the answer is after all the poop that happened in the first three films, wefind out that EVERYONE is in the MATRIX. Its just two kids playing a video game. The End!

If Neo had a Busa he could have outrun all those Smith dudes and Saved the workd without dying.

I thought it was cool.  But it depends what you wanted to get out of it.  It was pretty deep, or not, if you don't get it.  The whole thing [all 3] was a plot around man and machine meeting a mutual agreement, and how man has choices.  If you don't enjoy thinking alot, it was cool eye candy and action. There are about 12 levels to these movies and every time I watch I pick out something new I didn't 'get' before because of what the later movie told me.
Many were disappointed because it didn't have the subconsciouly expected "Hollywood bang, good guys win" ending that we are all brought up to expect.  It's really just a really cool story, nothing more.
Personally I enjoyed the symbolism about people being locked in a matrix and having no idea they are locked in anything.  I see this in people all around me - someone who sucks at work and doesn't know why, a guy on his forth marriage, a woman who remains lonely because her desperation scares all men away, people who go to work thinking that MAKES them who they are.  It's great symbolism if you are not so locked up already you can step back and see it.
First time I saw Revolutions, I missed alot.  Second time I scooped up the rest.  Third time was just fun understanding it more.  
The first movie was monumentally creative and the follow ups could never have that same impact.  Unless they were some completely different gerne.... which wouldn't make sense.

I wish more movies made me use my brain and didn't expect me to NOT be able to figure things out on my own.

Did you have specific questions?  I believe Neo's body is dead but his program (soul) went to a higher place (memory processor).  Smith's program couldn't comprehend Neo's drive or human's capacity for love and the question drove him crazy.  Neo knew the question WAS the answer.
Actually I picked most of that up in the 1st and second movie. And I understood the concept of the matrix recreating itself over and over again. About people being trapped in lives they create for themselves and then not being able to break free. I got the concept of human and machines-humans are capable if making choices based on irrational or rational thoughs or emotions, while "programs" must follow a protocol.

As far as Smith going crazy because he didn't understand the question or answer.... Hmmm well I thought it was his understanding that created the overload or whatever you want to call it. Somewhere in his incorporation of the Oracle he gained her foresight/hindsight/knowledge And realized that he was simply replaying an act/role that had be played before over and over again perhaps. I think what freaked him was that hispurpose as a PROGRAM was to delete Mr. Anderson... but he realized (through the ORacle -incorporation) that he could NOT delete Mr. Anderson. And unable to complete his primary task the system shut down. Therefore, the system REBOOTED itself to its default status
Which is based on Oracle and the Architect. The mother and father of the System.

Perhaps I will revisited the the movie
rock.gif

The entire Trilogy is so cool on so many levels. The main thing is it makes you think, hard. It makes you imagine and acknowledge the symbolism to modern life like WWJD says. I could go on and on but if you truly think it sucked then you probably just did not get it and have not really watched it (IMHO). I could see how it might seem dissappointing to some as it may not be the ending that Hollywood has trained you to expect. But that is why it is so cool.

I agree that the first one was the best becuase it was so immaginative. Hard to follow that up. And also you need to see all three for sure or you miss have of the story. And lastly, the more you watch them all, the more you get from it. And that is the true test of a movie IMO, one that keeps giving up its secrets even after watching it several times.

However, nothing even comes close to the Lord Of The Rings series. Truly the best movies ever made and possibly the best story ever concieved and written. Tolkien, I salute you. Now Jackson lets make the Hobbit (prequel of sorts) and finish this baby off.

And what happened to Star Wars, next movie please!

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: "Can't spell"|1071585049 -->

I loved them all...you can never top the first with so many new and innovative ideas and special effects...I think when a movie like the Matrix tries to out-do itself, it's nearly impossible, but I loved the entire story...

You've got to watch them all in one night...perhaps some of the intricate story lines will click...perhaps not...and watching them over and over again, as EAK mentioned, always opens up new things missed in previous viewings...for some, that might be too much work, but if you enjoy watching a good movie again, it's worth it!
smile.gif

Tomorrow's "Return of the King"! Can't wait...

Already have my tickets for return of the king!!  Be there tomorrow with my litle girl.  My five year old has seen every movie with her old man a minimum of 3 times on the big screen and countless times on DVD.

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071588932 -->

Have fun busabrother...I'll be glad when my two boys are old enough to sit still through a movie...

Enjoy yourselves!
smile.gif

See?  There's hundreds of ways to interpret it and none of them are wrong.  
smile.gif

But repeated watchings clarifies.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "Timmy the Typo"|1071634814 -->

Back