Masterlink question

lotta smart people on here...only rivets for me!! got the tool(motion pro) for about $85 and have made that back 2x doing chains for people. grind the head off the old chain rivet before pressing it out and your tool should last for a while.

on the bright side?...folks usually only hafta destroy one engine casing (shooting a chain through it) before they become dedicated fans of riveted master links....only

that screw type one that you have is type of rivet its made for people that dont have all the tools to do a rivet

well not sure what kind of offer he needs... I offered my Motion Pro kit on the condition he pass it along at the same price to the next guy that needs it , I thought it was a good deal..

Alright, and how about using 2 masterlinks (flared/rivet type) ??
I extended my bike. And now wish to extend further. I have the left over links with me and willing to add them up. So the setup would then have 2 masterlinks. Is it ok to go with this setup?

Alright, and how about using 2 masterlinks (flared/rivet type) ??
I extended my bike. And now wish to extend further. I have the left over links with me and willing to add them up. So the setup would then have 2 masterlinks. Is it ok to go with this setup?
This thread is 14 years old FYI. But why not just remove the current master when you break the chain to add the new links? You have to break it somewhere so why not choose the master then when you add the links you still only have one master link?

Back