Master fuse blew

Tetsuo1000

Registered
It was the strangest thing, I stopped in to see my brother on his boat. Hung out for a few minutes before staring my bike and heading out. As I was leaving the parking lot the bike suddenly went dead, I mean nothing no lights or anything. Parked again and realized it was not getting any power at all. I know there had to be a master fuse within 6” of the battery having worked on other bikes before. And sure enough after loosening bolts on the rear cowling the 30amp fuse was blown! Good thing there was a spare in the fuse cap.
All fixed and all good, I know worse case I was just going to get drunk on my bro’s boat that night so I wasn’t worried about it. Infact a little disappointed I fixed it on my first guess lol
This morning I checked all my wiring looking for a short or something. Found nothing.
Anybody had this happen to them? Could it just be a worn out 10year old fuse?

look close at seat / sub frame area . The sub frame can become slightly lose and angle down a degree or two . The positive cable is not far from the frame . possibly act of sitting on bike moving seat caused a quick short of the positive in the system . That will blow the main 30 amp fuse .

look close at seat / sub frame area . The sub frame can become slightly lose and angle down a degree or two . The positive cable is not far from the frame . possibly act of sitting on bike moving seat caused a quick short of the positive in the system . That will blow the main 30 amp fuse .
Thanks @c10
New saddleman seat with a metal bridging bracket and has about a 1/2” movement, combined with a 4 post battery, it is reasonable to assume it could have bridged the terminals causing the short.
covered possible contacts with electrical tape.
Did not think to check that until you mentioned it.

Back