2004 hayabusa keeps blowing the main power fuse

bonafide216

Registered
I have took all the plastic off. I thought maybe I wire was loose. Every time I put the main power fuse in which is under the seat the fuse automatic blows. I can't fiq it out.

I had that same problem last year, I had a bare wire hitting the front part of the frame. I put a new wire in and never had the problem again, go over all the wires close from front to back...

Just dealt with this issue on my BMW K1200LT. After a handful of fuses and a week of testing, I found that the charging pigtail had been kinked under the seat and (although not visibly) was shorting internally. Not enough to blow the in the pigtail itself, but kept blowing the 4amp fuse for my instrument cluster. Good luck with your search.

There is a short on the battery cable, or the battery is in backwards!

I have took all the plastic off. I thought maybe I wire was loose. Every time I put the main power fuse in which is under the seat the fuse automatic blows. I can't fiq it out.

when did the problem start? what had been changed or what had you been doing to the bike. need more info but i would say youve got a wire shorting out.

I was just riding the bike one day I kind turn the throttle hard. I was going around maybe 70mph and then all power just went out. So now when I put a 30amp fuse in its automatic blowing.

Back