man, i feel like an idiot

teddypenn

Registered
last weekend i put on a new oil pan (cause i stripped the old one) and thought all was well. today after work i noticed a small spot under my bike and was like :banghead:. i was afraid i had stripped the plug...again. so i put her up on stands a few minutes ago and what do i see? one of the oil pan bolts is just kinda hangin there, right above the header. guess i missed tightening that one up, huh. so now i have to take her all apart again and drop the headers, just to tighten up the bolt. take notice guys; take your time and double check everything so you dont have to go back in and fix what you should of done the first time.

Couldve forgot to put oil in it. lol. Don't be so hard on yourself. Happens to everyone at least once.
Posted via Mobile Device

i think im more frustrated with havin to spend the 2 hours or so takin everything apart again more than anything. i am glad its just a loose bolt, and not something worse.

i feel your pain but it happens to everyone. it coulda been much worse.

'I feel like an idiot sometimes, although I am an idiot so it kinda works out'
billy madison

Yea that sucks. Dunno how time I've looked over a "mechanics" work and found loose bolts. Got my old swb back and the next morning all the tranny fluid was on the ground. I was like wtf! Not a single tight bolt on the pan.
Posted via Mobile Device

I lost my seat bolts taking my bike out for a Christmas Eve ride. I 'hand tightened' them and rode around for an hour. Came home and they were both gone. It is easier and less expensive to do take the time to double check or have a buddy check your work.

You shouldn't have to drop the exhaust to tighten any of the oilpan bolts. Get a wrench in there. It might be tight, but doable.

No worries, it more quality time in the garage, but then again im not the one out there. Stuff happens

Then you have a busa completely different than my old ones.

You could have gotten everything put back on, tightened and start pouring the oil in and notice that you forgot to put the drain bolt in. :beerchug:

Take a deep breath...and let it all out...then get to it...I bet you can do it in less than 2 hours..:whistle:

Back