Making the Busa more comfortable

Sorry for the delay, Dober.

They are 2003 XB-12 pegs - $28 for the pair. They require a little fitting but it's nothing you can't do with a bench grinder and a Dremel-like tool to smooth the ground surfaces. GM door hinge pin bushings take care of the Buell peg hole and Suzuki peg pin mismatch.

They move your feet down about 2" and back and out a little. The "out" part is just enough to make shifting a pigeon-toed affair, so I removed the shifter and took the rubber off of the pin. Then I had a machine shop turn the knob off the pin and weld a 3" section of 1/2" tubing over the pin ($22). Then I covered the tubing with clear plastic tubing so the bare aluminum doesn't discolor my shoes.

If you'd like some photos of the pegs and shifter, email me at xeclapper@bellatlantic.net (drop the "x").

Ed

Thanks for all of your help. I have added the Zero Gravity double bubble and my heli bars showed up yesturday so I can hopefully put them on this weekend. I plan on trying the pegs and a corbin seat as soon as funds allow. Thanks again.

How tall are most of you guys that are doing these mods? I am wondering because im 6'4" myself and of course am still waiting on my 05 LE but i'm starting to wonder if these are things i'm going to hafta look into I guess only time will tell after I get a few long rides in. Also did the stock setup bother guys my same height or larger on short trips or are we talkin 200+ miles?
Thanks for input,
Jay

I'm 6'2". Have the double bubble and heli-bars, but stock pegs and seat. I have done several 300 milers with only stops for gas and everything worked well for me. I like playing in the twisties and appreciate the extra boot clearance I get with the higher stock pegs. They also change the pressure points on the butt in such a way that seems good for me. I set aside funds to get a Corbin seat, but I just can't bring myself to do it since the stock is working so well for me.

As you say, get it, ride it, then see what you need.

good luck
Brad

I remember reading about people putting the GenMar risers on and changing the foot pegs. I am ordering the risers and was wondering if anyone could tell what kind of pegs I need that would be lower than the stock ones and if any modification is going to be needed for the shifter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I did both

1.25" genmar risers

gixxer 1k pegs with bushing.

ThorsDad Posted on Feb. 01 2005,00:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Eyabusa @ Jan. 18 2005,20:36)
Handlebar comfort. [/QUOTE]

Here ya go,Champ

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

uploaded_banner.jpg

Back