Making the Busa more comfortable

GD4GVN

05 Blue & Silver
Donating Member
Registered
I remember reading about people putting the GenMar risers on and changing the foot pegs. I am ordering the risers and was wondering if anyone could tell what kind of pegs I need that would be lower than the stock ones and if any modification is going to be needed for the shifter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of different pegs to get. I went with a Protek Pro-lite peg that required no modification. Others have gone with a Buell peg, Gixxer 1000 pegs and probably a couple others that I am leaving out.

I didn't think about that. I was hoping the risers would help with that. Thanks for the input both of you guys.

pretty much what them 2 said covered your basics on what you can do to make the most of it
blush.gif

i have the reaper risers on mine and that helped waiting to do the lower peg trick still might try the buell or lockhard adjustables ?

First ---great lookin' Busa--polished rear wheel etc.
Comfort---I have lowerd mine front and rear 3\4", more secure feeling at stop lights etc, plus lowerd center of gravity..feels more nimble and seems to hide some of the weight in the twisty's. I also raised my handlebar plate with inch and a half aluminum spacers---feels pretty good to me now.
As for the bags , the big one pops off with a twist of the key...all that hardware and plastic doesn't weigh much... [Sleeper] i have been to 155 indicated...never again--big bag turned into a reverse wing..started to weave abit...:O You can see the spacers..and no big bag on.

Nice_bike.JPG

On mine I installed both a 3/4" Gen-Mar riser and a set of Heli Bars. I also installed the Pro-TeK Prolight pegs, a Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen, and a Corbin seat. The comfort difference between this setup and stock is enormous. Of course, at the end of the day, ergonomics are highly personal. What fits me might not be ideal for you.

Good luck!

I too lowered the rear, not too much, and that helped shift the weight to the rear. I have the Gel seat, but the tobin looks alot more comfy. And I added a Laminar wind screen to my double bubble. Keeps the wind off my head at most speeds.

On mine I installed both a 3/4" Gen-Mar riser and a set of Heli Bars.  I also installed the Pro-TeK Prolight pegs, a Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen, and a Corbin seat.  The comfort difference between this setup and stock is enormous.  Of course, at the end of the day, ergonomics are highly personal.  What fits me might not be ideal for you.

Good luck!
By doing both of these did you run int any problems with clearance between the bars and the screen and did you have to lengthen any cables?

I recommend the Buell pegs because the others don't lower your feet much more than simply removing the rubber pads from the stock pegs. Between those pegs, a bar riser (especially with HeliBars) and Tobin's lower seat, a Busa is a totally different and very comfortable bike.

Ed

Hi Ed, Just a quick question about the Buell pegs,Are
they all the same?If I walked into a Buell dealer and
asked for a set of pegs would they work?Is it
just the actual pegs? sorry dude for all the questions.

thanks

GD4GVN - Sorry for the tardy reply. It's been a few days since I was on the board.

Yes, I did need to do a bit of tweaking to get the clutch and brake master cylindars to clear the windscreen. Specifically, I used a Dremel Tool with a grinder attachment to carefully cut a scallop shape into the edge of the windscreen where the master cylindars needed to clear. I also beveled the upper outer edge of each of the reservoir covers using a flat file to gain clearance at full lock. A dab of Testors modeling paint covered the bare aluminum nicely where I had filed.

As for the brake lines, I ordered a Galfer Hayabusa front brake kit from www.cyclebrakes.com and had them make the lines 2" over stock length. Worked out like a champ!

Good luck.

Back