Making Brock's exhaust quieter?

Buse_the_busa

Registered
Hello,

Just got a new (to me) 2019 Hayabusa with a full Penta Carbon Exhaust system. I live and work in Germany and it failed inspection for being too loud. My friend who sold it to me dont have the stock exhaust anymore.

What will be a temporary solution for this? I bought the noise suppressor from Brock's but I dont know how much quieter its going to be (4 dba?) Can I get a new slip on muffler for it just to pass the inspection? Or do I need a new full exhaust system?

Thank you all!

Anybody tried fitting slip ons on a Brock's Pentacarbon Full system? Which one worked? I will stuff that baffle with packing if need be. I just need it to be able to run for like an hour then I will switch it back.

Anybody tried fitting slip ons on a Brock's Pentacarbon Full system? Which one worked? I will stuff that baffle with packing if need be. I just need it to be able to run for like an hour then I will switch it back.
Lol, sorry man...but you will Never pass any Decibel Checks with a Brocks muffler.
Measure the o.d of the midpipe outlet, and maybe, maybe a quieter brand of muffler will fit, but Brocks pipes are usually slightly bigger.
You're also going to need a full length midpipe and a muffler with a baffle.
You're best bet would be to talk to a muffler shop, and see if you get a link/reducer pipe to connect the Brocks header/midpipe to the stock muffler.
You'll probably need a small flat bar with a hole in each end to connect the muffler hole/mount to the passenger peg as well.

Lol, sorry man...but you will Never pass any Decibel Checks with a Brocks muffler.
Measure the o.d of the midpipe outlet, and maybe, maybe a quieter brand of muffler will fit, but Brocks pipes are usually slightly bigger.
You're also going to need a full length midpipe and a muffler with a baffle.
You're best bet would be to talk to a muffler shop, and see if you get a link/reducer pipe to connect the Brocks header/midpipe to the stock muffler.
You'll probably need a small flat bar with a hole in each end to connect the muffler hole/mount to the passenger peg as well.

So you're saying I should stuff a crap ton of steel wool down the exhaust? haha which brand?

Back