Makes screeching squealing sound when cooling down

05calibusa

Registered
Hey Folks,
I noticed that my 05 makes a screeching or squealing sound when it is cooling down. It sounds like some air is escaping or coming into the cooling system. It usually happens after I shut the bike off, but the strange thing is that I have also heard it after the bike has been sitting in the garage overnight and then when the sun comes in and starts warming things up it makes the noise. For sure it has something to do with expansion and contraction, but it's bugging the crap out of me.

if it isn't the cooling system, i would check the gas tank

Good suggestion...I am thinking it could be a pinhole air leak somwhere...maybe the radiator cap or thermostat.

Anybody else notice a noise like this on their bike?

+1 Could be either, next time you hear it open the gas cap and see if it stops.

I just checked the seal on the gas cap and it had some residue on it (proably not making a good seal) and I cleaned it off. Also cleaned around the filler neck. I started the bike and let it warm up for about 5 min. So far after turning it off for about 10 min, no noises.

Great ideas guys! Thanks! :thumbsup::bowdown:

Dude, remove the plastic and get your wifes house cat outa there! :cheerleader:

If it's your gas cap (Which I doubt it is) it means your vent tube is plugged. The gas cap should never have pressure against it. Open the cap and blow on the bottom end of the tube to make sure it's free of obstruction.

Back