Major power loss

stickygumbo

Registered
Greetings all,
I am a new Busa owner, mine is an 2000 model that has not been run in about 2 years. When i bought it, it ran fine and i put about 150 miles on it before i went to the dragway 1/4 mile. I made a couple passes with the low fuel light on and it stumbled in second gear. Now it wont pull very hard at all. I disconnected the pc11 and is worse yet.From what i gather its not such a hard job to clean fuel filters
rock.gif
Thanks

Not a Hard job to clean the fuel filters? Maybe not, but them damn screens are kind of a bitch and that is likely the culprit. Someone here will know what I am on about and might be able to direct you to a walk through...

Welcome to the board. Being a 2000 I would make sure that the Cam Chain tensioner recall has been done. If not it is posible that the cam chain may have jumped a tooth.

Thank you for the replies, this isa great forum and i did some searches and what i have discovered is that when i pulled up the tank at the track, the upper fuel line to the pump had no clamp so it musta been suckin air.... also when i put a clamp on it and lowered the tank, i thought i was not kinking the fuel line but it musta been kinked enuff to restrict flow. Also i had lost the map in the pc ll so now i`m running on the ecu and the bike has its power back!!!!!
Can someone please advise as to the difference`s in WOT between pc ll mapped for k&n and a muzzy full system , and just running of the ecu ? it has some minor gliches in the low end but cant notice much on top if any ? My friend who i bought this busa from has the pc ll cd and connecting cable so i need to get them next week if i am to remap the pc ll or is the map still in there ? THANX AGAIN Jeff

Back