MacBook Users

mr8ball

Registered
Hey all, I have a Mackbook OS X 10.6.8 and am looking for a way to make and copy DVD's and movies. Anyone have any suggestions how I can do this? The IDVD will only let me make movies and download them from a Vid camera. Looking for something to get or download for free if posable. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

I have it on my mac but for some reason I cannot get it to read the DVD when I install it. It is a copy of a DVD that was made on an HP laptop so maybe that has something to do with it. Any thoughts?

That being a copy is probable causing some issues. You trying to read a copy of a DVD that was made on a Windows based machine using probably a Windows based piece of software. Then your trying to play it on an Apple Machine using some type of Apple based software. Its probably a compatibility issue.

I use DVD fab for making, copying and ripping CDs/DVDs

I use AnyVideo Converter, to rip and copy stuff and to convert to other formats, I think they have a DVD copy version as well that seems to work well. But it's not free...

That being a copy is probable causing some issues. You trying to read a copy of a DVD that was made on a Windows based machine using probably a Windows based piece of software. Then your trying to play it on an Apple Machine using some type of Apple based software. Its probably a compatibility issue.

The fact that it's made on a Windows machine is irrelevant. What matters is what format it is in (mp4, avi, etc...) and how it was actually burned on to a DVD. It could just be a janky (that's a technical term) DVD rip. Also, what version of Handbrake are you using? I recommend upgrading to the most recent version. I actually had some problems with subtitles since the current version didn't fully support them. I had to upgrade to one of the Nightly Builds (unstable) and it worked fine. I also recommend downloading VLC to watch the movies. I installed Handbrake on my Macbook Pro OSX and it works just fine burning store bought DVDs, even ones that are Region Locked.

Thanks guys for all the help, I have downloaded handbreak and VLC. I just gave it a try and still I can't get it to work. Must be the disk.The things I am trying to copy play just fine on here but I cannot get it to save to anything so I can make copy's of them. I have always been able to watch any movie I wanted on here but I never tried to save any and copy them. I will try a different movie tomorrow and see if that works. I had a thing on my HP called exact copy. I could put the DVD in the reader click that button and it made as many copies as I wanted. Do that make anything like that for Mac? When using Handbreak do I have to save it to my desk top? That was one thing I found looking around the net. Just seems like a lot of work to do to make a copy of something. This is what I found How to Copy Your DVDs With Mac OS X: 10 steps (with pictures) Thanks again

Hi again, I still have not got this to work and since have noticed another problem. Now when I got to youtube I cant get at least 1/2 of the vids I had liked or added to my favorites to play. I trashed everything I down loaded but still no fix. Any ideas what might be causing this. I have had this thing for 3 years now and am still baffled by it. A lot of things I know got erased from my memory due to some pain meds I was on for my back. I have updated everything on the mac so again I am lost. I am going to Best Buy this week and chat with the Mac Rep but thought I might get help here before then. Any thoughts?

Back