Macbook users

mr8ball

Registered
Hey gang, I bought the ECU Editor for my 08 busa and I have a Macbook. This program ecueditor.com for Hayabusa K2-K7, K8-, BKing and Gixxer1K K7- will not work on the Mac. I was told when I got the Mac that you could download some things that would make the Mac work with windows if needed. I have the OpenOffice and it is good for documents and files but for this program I need Windows Installer 4.5 or Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64). Could someone please tell me what I could do for this to happen? I have an old HP but the video card is bad in it and it is bulky so I would rather not use it. Any advice? A link would be grate if possible. Thanks in advance

What version of OSX are you running?

If you have Leopard or new you can use boot camp to run windows it forces you to partition your HD and create a Windows partition.

On my wifes MBP we used Parallels to install WinXp on a external HD using the parallels interface, with this it runs WinXp in a second window/space along side of OSX.

If you need any help let me know.

What version of OSX are you running?

If you have Leopard or new you can use boot camp to run windows it forces you to partition your HD and create a Windows partition.

On my wifes MBP we used Parallels to install WinXp on a external HD using the parallels interface, with this it runs WinXp in a second window/space along side of OSX.

If you need any help let me know.

Yes I need help :rofl: I have the OSX 10.6.7 Verison. I was reading about boot camp but did not see where I can download anything. Do I have to buy it? If not do you have a link? I use to use Windows and was pretty good at it but I have had the Mac for 2 years now and still learning about it. Thanks in advance

I use parallels to use the ECU editor as well. It is your best bet. I downloaded Parallels and Windows 7 from piratebay.org (bootleg via torrent) and installed them both. Runs perfect.

Download this: (Torrent client used to download torrent files, It is what I use)
Transmission

Then download this:
Parallels Desktop 6.0.11994 [Mac]-[CyberPiraten] (download torrent) - TPB[Mac]-[CyberPiraten]

Then this:
Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 Bit (Auto Activation) - Cracked (download torrent) - TPB

The second two links are torrents. You will download those very small torrent files and drag them into the transmission app. Transmission will then download those programs. Go to the download destination folder and Install Parallels first then follow parallels directions to install Windows 7 in Parallels. I know thats a broad How-To :poke: but it should help.

I use a legal copy of winxp and parallels, but what RussellJ is saying is pretty spot on. Check your PMS for my number in case you need some more how tos.

A special thanks to Gpmo for all the help. He stayed on the phone with me through my download thing. Over an Hr. We had a great talk and come to fine out his wife's parents live about 90 miles from me. Really seemed like a great guy. Thanks again for the help

Russellj, I would also like to thank you for the links. I will finish the download sometime tonight and if everything goes well get everything done tomorrow. Is there anything special I should know about loading the windows thing? Gpmo suggest I ask to make sure so I get it done right. Again thanks for all the help. Doug

It was my pleasure to help out. I hope i can make it out that way sometime and do some riding. :thumbsup:

Just used Team Viewer and installed Parallels and Windows 7 on mr8ball's macbook :beerchug:

Team Viewer is an awesome tool in case anyone didn't know about it:
TeamViewer Download
I use it a lot especially for my crazy mother. Work on both Windows and Mac platforms. And you can cross between the two operating systems
(It's free and not bootlegged :laugh:)

Thanks for the tip Russellj. I was not aware of that program. I have used skype to desktop view and instruct people. This will make things way easier.

Looks like you got Mr8ball all taken care of then?

Thanks for the tip Russellj. I was not aware of that program. I have used skype to desktop view and instruct people. This will make things way easier.

Looks like you got Mr8ball all taken care of then?

Yeah we got it all done :thumbsup:.

I usually iChat screen share on a mac but if someone does not have iChat or if they have windows I use TeamViewer

teamviewer is pretty epic. i'm bidding on a 32GB flash drive right now, we'll see if windows can be put on a flash drive...

Yeah we got it all done :thumbsup:.

I usually iChat screen share on a mac but if someone does not have iChat or if they have windows I use TeamViewer

Man today was great. Got everything installed and a very special thanks for RussellJ. This guy is great. He went more then out of his way to get my Mac working. We must have worked on this thing for 3 hrs. Between me playing pool and doing this Mac man I had a long day. I got so excited over this mac thing I lost my focus and lost my match. O well the Mac works with windows :cheerleader: I got my ECU editor in the mail today also but will not have time to mess with it until next week because of playing in the pool tournament. Its something to look forward to. Anyway Thanks again RussellJ. Please keep in touch. I hope I can get iChat going soon. Have a good night, Doug

Back