M109r

Tango1300

Registered
I'm liking the looks and concept of this bike. Has anyone ridden one so I can read some real feedback on this bike?

Thanks!

The M109 handles like a cruiser, and rides like a cruiser. The throttle response if great, the brakes are good, but it is not as smooth as the Mean streak. The throttle is a little abrupt, but I am sure it could be smoothed out with a little farkling.

Yeah, except the not so Mean Streak is slow as hell in direct comparison, likewise the VTX, VRod, and Road Warrior. As well the Mean Streak is dated in the looks department. BNG for 8 years does that to a bike.
If you have had a chance to really ride all the bikes mentioned - the M109R will out handle them too - EVEN WITH THE FAT 240 TIRE REAR!
They really respond well to pipes & PC too.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156946248 -->

Yeah, except the not so Mean Streak is slow as hell in direct comparison, likewise the VTX, VRod, and Road Warrior. As well the Mean Streak is dated in the looks department. BNG for 8 years does that to a bike.
If you have had a chance to really ride all the bikes mentioned - the M109R will out handle them too - EVEN WITH THE FAT 240 TIRE REAR!
They really respond well to pipes & PC too.
Yes, the mean streak is slow, but smooth none the less. Yeah, the M109R is a bad boy. After reading my original post, I am not sure that is the message I conveyed

For those of you that need a visual.
tounge.gif

suz_boulevard_m109r.jpg

image_news_9636.jpg

new_suzuki.jpg

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156947954 -->

they look nice but they suck according to a couple of my budds they took it for a test ride and they are not impressed one of them rides a sporster 1200 and said his hd was smother and had more power I sat on one it was to wide for me felt like I was doing the splits
biggrin.gif

they look nice but they suck according to a couple of my budds they took it for a test ride and they are not impressed one of them rides a sporster 1200 and said his hd was smother and had more power I sat on one it was to wide for me felt like I was doing the splits
biggrin.gif
I have an '07 RED 109 - traded my '01 RoadStar. It's a really great bike!

A very powerful and smooth cruiser at all speeds - there is no other production cruiser can than stay with it, except maybe for a V-Rod. It will smoke a Sportster 1200 ....

Any vibration is from the V twin design motor which is inherent with all V-twin bikes. But the little bit of vibration during accel is a good thing - reminds you that you have a monster engine with about 115 HP and 100 ft/lbs of torque between your legs - and that's stock.

It is a great compliment to my '05 Busa ....

...they suck according to a couple of my budds they took it for a test ride...one of them rides a sporster 1200 and said his hd was smother and had more power...
A HD rider claiming his bike is smoother and more powerful? Real shocker there.
Wasn't there a story here recently about a HD rider claiming he had more power than a Busa as well?

...they suck according to a couple of my budds they took it for a test ride...one of them rides a sporster 1200 and said his hd was smother and had more power...
A HD rider claiming his bike is smoother and more powerful?  Real shocker there.  
Wasn't there a story here recently about a HD rider claiming he had more power than a Busa as well?
calm down OE he doest own the harley I converted him to a busa rider but he wanted a cruser as well so he test rode a 109 said it sucked so he didnt buy it I also know a guy that has one and is trying to sell it because he deosnt like it personally I dont care cause I think crusers suck period I like the pull of a rocket
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I have an '07 RED 109 - traded my '01 RoadStar.   It's a really great bike!

A very powerful and smooth cruiser at all speeds - there is no other production cruiser can than stay with it, except maybe for a V-Rod.  It will smoke a Sportster 1200 ....

Any vibration is from the V twin design motor which is inherent with all V-twin bikes.  But the little bit of vibration during accel is a good thing - reminds you that you have a monster engine with about 115 HP and 100 ft/lbs of torque between your legs - and that's stock.

It is a great compliment to my '05 Busa ....
Welcome McAttack! Good input.
I do have a question for you though. Why if you already owned a Busa did you wait until an M109 post came up to post on here? Nothing inflamatory just curious I guess.

Hello BIGOLTOOL,

Never really had anything to say before now - I've just been sitting back gleaning all the great info you guys have to offer ...

My buddy just bought one to compliment his Busa and let me ride it yesterday. I have to say that I wasn't too thrilled about it. I have had my eye on them since they were released and wanted to get one but now....not so much. The ride was very stiff and the seat sucks, you sit on top of the bike instead of down in it. The handle bars need to come back a little farther, Im a tall guy and still felt like I was sitting too upright. Power and response was good and I love the sound. I really didnt like the way the front pegs were either. I might still buy one but there will deffinatly be some changes before I am happy with it.

I own a silver bullet M109 2006 model, along with a red and black 2006 busa. Two of the best bikes in the world.

biggrin.gif
Well that being said. You can tell your bud that the 109 will wax his HD in the 1/4. He can try justifying the Sportster all he wants. In fact it has more power than an Screaming Eagle VRod.
Most if not all Harley guys will never say a bad word about their Harleys. Meanwhile the M109 is growing to be one of the best selling bikes that Suzuki has ever made.
Oh, and yeah I will take bets too.

My buddy just bought one to compliment his Busa and let me ride it yesterday.  I have to say that I wasn't too thrilled about it.  I have had my eye on them since they were released and wanted to get one but now....not so much.  The ride was very stiff and the seat sucks, you sit on top of the bike instead of down in it.  The handle bars need to come back a little farther, Im a tall guy and still felt like I was sitting too upright.  Power and response was good and I love the sound.  I really didnt like the way the front pegs were either.  I might still buy one but there will deffinatly be some changes before I am happy with it.
RacerV:
Have you ever owned a cruiser though? It takes lotta getting used to after coming off sportbikes. A LOT!
You might like the Vulcan 2000 or Stratoliner better.

Back