Luggage rack for 200* Busa?

tmkspy

Registered
Hello to all, and I know this may sounds absurd, as I know the nature of these bikes is not really to tour, but I am looking (without any luck atall) for a rear luggage rack for an '08 Busa,. I am hoping to find something that rides over the rear wheel, so I can carry soft luggage and still have a passenger. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

I am guessing you did NOT intend to start 2 threads about the same topic. One our site vendors (PASHNIT) should be able to help you.

Here's a recent thread about luggage racks: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pashnitbusa-com/145549-ventura-pack-rack-now-carried-pashnitmoto.html

BTW, welcome.

Ventura pack is great for touring. It lets you change the position of the bag depending on whether you're riding 1 up or 2 up.

IMG_0156.JPG

It's a Renntec and I purchased it from revsperformance.com

Shipping was promt and a great guy to deal with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe with some heavy modification it can be used with the hump but as it stands, no.

I'll post a few more from the comp. once I'm home tonight...

It does look pretty good. Can you use it with the hump on and, if so, any chance of a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in some more pics of this as well. Torn between this one and the SW Motech one. Any idea on the weight restriction for the Renntec one?

I'm not sure of the weight restrictions but here are a few pics of the bike with the rack on to give you a better idea of it's looks and proper size. As you can see I had the rear Tourmaster bag stuffed (@ 20/25 pounds) and it more then well held up.

I'm sure the SW Motech rack would work but from what I can tell (or what I've been able to find), it's designed more for attaching a rear trunk/case.

Also, from looking more closely I'm pretty sure that it'll fit with the hump on, providing you have or had that mod done.

This is a direct link to the manufacture of the rack;

Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Carrier / Sports Rack From Renntec

Maybe throw 'em a quick e-mail for more technical info...

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

SW-busa.jpg

Below is a picture of the Ventura rack system used in action on a European tour last year. Great system and totally unobtrusive when riding.:thumbsup:

European Trip 191.jpg

European Trip 192.jpg

European Trip 097.jpg

I have the SW Motech racks from twisted throttle. They are expensive but the top rack & side racks can be removed easily in a matter of minutes. I like it because if you ride some where for the week you can remove them with no tools & ride for the week. Leave em in your room with the hard bags.

Back