Will a Busa gen 1 luggage rack fit a Busa gen 2

angry-bird

Registered
Anyone know if for sure this rack can be installed on a gen 2 Hayabusa. It is made for a gen 1 but the add says with a small change it will fit a gen 2. But it dont say how to do the change. I would like to know how to do the change before i buy it. Im looking for a gen 2 rear luggage rack for around $75 and i like this one. I dont want to spend $500 on a luggage set up because i wont use it enough. Thanks......................Mike

Brand New for Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 1300 GSX R Light Weight Luggage Rack | eBay

Don't know, but you could ask the seller about the change and make him be very specific and let him know you're looking for something that will work and will only pay through paypal ...... on and on.

I already did that and got no info. They just said the same thing the add says. If anyone has done this i would like to talk with you.

That rack obviously fits in place of the grab bar.

the grab bar from Gen 1 to Gen 2 is different. this will need to be modded to fit. Spacers may do it as long as the bolt holes line up.

Personally I wouldn't buy it

I've seen a pic of a Motech rack modded to fit gen 2, seems like he had to drill 2, maybe 4 new holes but the guy made it work. The ebay ad makes it sound like you only need spacers. Sorry don't know for sure.

This is from my first post

angry-bird

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will a Busa gen 1 luggage rack fit a Busa gen 2

Anyone know if for sure this rack can be installed on a gen 2 Hayabusa. It is made for a gen 1 but the add says with a small change it will fit a gen 2. But it dont say how to do the change. I would like to know how to do the change before i buy it. Im looking for a gen 2 rear luggage rack for around $75 and i like this one. I dont want to spend $500

cyclefarm do you have $300 you can pitch in so i can buy that set up. Thats the same set up my friend put on his zx14 and it was about $500 so that wont work for me. I was just hoping that someone with a gen 2 that has installed the $75 gen 1 rack onto a gen 2 would chime in and tell me all about it. Maybe some good pics.

Hey man, just trying to help. Sorry, can't float you the $300!

But both of those racks, the high dollar Sw Motech and the $75 one you're looking at, mount the same way with the same 4 screws under the seat or hump. If it were me, I would buy it and plan on drilling or reaming out a couple holes. Sorry I can't guarantee it and it appears no one else reading this has done it. This is the best I can do, just trying to help.

Back