Lucas Lubricnd and Injector cleaner

busababe

Registered
Okay, we just got our first Busa. My husband, on the advice of some other Busa owners, was told to put in Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Injector fluid. However, before he had a chance to do that, a friend of our came over to make some adjustments on the bike, saw the bottle of Lucas and told us to never ever put that in our bike.

So, should we or shouldn't we? Pros, cons?

BB

does your friend own a busa? I tend to listen to my fellow BUSA riders and their opinions. It is a 4 cylinder motor, I don't see any prob with useing it..

Put the correct amount in for five gallons and be done with it.  Any name brand cleaner (STP, Lucas, etc.) will be fine every 5K or so.  Too much can hurt rubber like intake boots/gaskets and injector o-rings.  Remember, it's made to dissolve carbon, so follow the rules and all will be fine.

This applies to all engines BTW.

in my opinion lucas is the $hid!! I put it in all my cars and get this, I tuned up my busa..new plugs, new oil, synched TB's. Before it ran a little rough and put my right hand asleep. Did all that stuff then a bit of lucas with the oil change and now its as smooth as silk. I also did a ton of research online bout lucas and bikes and never came across anything negative
hello.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Thanks for the advice! Hubby put in the correct amount per the size of the tank...he changed the spark plugs and he's going to get the bike's turbo computer "mapped"...it's running a little rich. We rode last night. The bike sounded better, shifted better, we flew!!! I can't wait till I'm ready for my own Busa!

BB

I have used the Lucas injector cleaner in my bike, works good and would recommend it to everyone.

Lucas makes some great products (used as directed)

They supplied us with their lubricants for our Nitro car and we never once had an oil related failure..

As much as I dislike the "Slick 50" advertising, they do make a good fuel system additive as well (Synthetic version) that does a good job on cleaning the top end as well

What is the correct amount for the Lucas cleaner?
I have a 5.25 oz bottle. do I put the whole thng in?

Put the correct amount in for five gallons and be done with it. Any name brand cleaner (STP, Lucas, etc.) will be fine every 5K or so. Too much can hurt rubber like intake boots/gaskets and injector o-rings. Remember, it's made to dissolve carbon, so follow the rules and all will be fine.

This applies to all engines BTW.
+1

Lucas supplied a number of products for our nitro funnycar and the oil supplement was most certainly a big plus.. we quit hammering bearings on runs (at 6000+ hp things are pretty touchy)..

Are they needed on a bike? I think they do not hurt but probably not really necessary for stock applications..

Fuel additives? use as directed and they are fuel system safe.. only caveat is waiting till there is a problem.. by then they are usually too late to help.. as preventative service? I like the idea..

I do the same run lucas in all my bikes and cars never had a problem, however I was told not to run it to often like 1 time every 2 oil changes, the reason was there is a protective liner in the gas tank (rust proofing) and if you run it to often it will eat at that and your tank will rust from the inside and the debris will go to your injedtora and well in the engine and cause a problem

Back