Lowering ??

George C.

Registered
Hi there
Got the new LE coming in on Friday. I need to lower the bike about an inch to make it fit better. the ? is if I lower the back using bog bones do I have to lower the front as well or would just one inch in the back be OK? Eney info good or bad is welcome.
thanks a lot everyone

Welcome fellow Texan...
I installed the Genmar 1 1/4 riser and then lowered the front by that much, until the forks are against the Riser...
Then installed Soupy's adjustable lowering links and I can drop the rear as much as needed in just a coupla minutes...
Does not wheelie as easy this way.

David

read this bro, its got everything you need to know

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139863961 -->

Welcome fellow Texan...
I installed the Genmar 1 1/4 riser and then lowered the front by that much, until the forks are against the Riser...
Then installed Soupy's adjustable lowering links and I can drop the rear as much as needed in just a coupla minutes...

David
How long does it take to raise/lower the rear with Soupy's?

Do you have to put the bike on a stand or lift rear wheel off ground?

How do you make sure you do both sides the same amount?

Thanks.

Welcome fellow Texan...

David
How long does it take to raise/lower the rear with Soupy's?

Do you have to put the bike on a stand or lift rear wheel off ground?

How do you make sure you do both sides the same amount?

Thanks.
Just takes a few minutes to raise or lower.
Bike can be on a stand or on the kick stand, does not matter.
And to keep them the same just make the same turns on both links or you can count the threads if you really want to be a perfectionist.
I just lean it over on the kick stand, lay on the ground next to the Busa and reach under to adjust the links up or down.
Too quick and easy.
PM, email or call Soupy.
Price is fair and service is great.

Buy the way, when I get to the track I lower the rear of the bike with the links and a front strap to race, it takes just a few minutes.
After the races, another few minutes and the back of the bike is raised back to normal and the front strap is released.

David

I have mine in the middle hole and I'm having problems with the tire hitting the tail when my wife rides,Do i need more preload or what?

I have mine in the middle hole and I'm having problems with the tire hitting the tail when my wife rides,Do i need more preload or what?
i dunno dude, i got mine in the middle hole also, but no prob hitting the undertail, once or twice the belly pan hit the ground though.
it depends how much you and your wife weigh, i am 180lb and my wife is 130.

i dunno dude, i got mine in the middle hole also, but no prob hitting the undertail, once or twice the belly pan hit the ground though.
And a VERY nice 130...may I add!!
hot.gif

And a VERY nice 130...may I add!!  
hot.gif
haha she says thanx

Just tighten up the spring preload on the rear shock with a spanner wrench about 2 turns and it should keep from hitting your undertail.

Back