Lowering my shizzzz

jusmoov

Registered
What exactly do I need if I want to lower 1 1/2 in. the right way? What do triple tree's do vs straping lowering links???
rock.gif

Oh ya, you only want to strap it for the track. It pulls the front end down and won't let it uncompress. later

yep....just remember the ride can be a little more stiff when it's lowered.

Get a lowering top clamp for the front, and dogbones for the rear........looks great, and is the true proper way to do it.
Infinate adjustability for the front too.......three hole bones giva ya three settings for the rear, although you can get heim joint bones that give ya infinate adjustability too.
Cost will be around $225 for a good top clamp, and the bones.
Might be able to find used cheaper.......did mine for 150US.......bought mint, used stuff.

make sure if you want to keep the front lowered all the time to get a triple tree or risers. DON'T ride on the street with the front strapped.

My Busa's been lowered 2 inches in the front and 2 in the rear...I don't think it's stiff or handles any differently than it did before...it cost me $200 to have a race shop do the work for me, and I haven't had any regrets...

Postal is going low too. I just ordered my Gen Mar riser (3/4") to lower the front, and my lowering links for the rear (only going down 1" in the rear). I ordered the slick looking ones off e-bay from the Rotorwoman. Oh yeah, forgot to mention my all-billet adjustable kick stand from Schnitz Racing. I'll post pictures next week.

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079718555 -->

cool.gif

cool.gif

Postal is going low too. I just ordered my Gen Mar riser (3/4") to lower the front, and my lowering links for the rear (only going down 1" in the rear). I ordered the slick looking ones off e-bay from the Rotorwoman. Oh yeah, forgot to mention my all-billet adjustable kick stand from Schnitz Racing. I'll post pictures next week.

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif
Now you're just bragging Postal...I hate my kick stand! I want one of those adjustable jobs!
smile.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif
Now you're just bragging Postal...I hate my kick stand!  I want one of those adjustable jobs!  
smile.gif
I had to promise to do the dishes for a year to get my wife to go along with $177.00 for a new kick stand for the Busa. They just don't understand, do they?
wink.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif
Now you're just bragging Postal...I hate my kick stand!  I want one of those adjustable jobs!  
smile.gif
I had to promise to do the dishes for a year to get my wife to go along with $177.00 for a new kick stand for the Busa. They just don't understand, do they?  
wink.gif
Damn, I feel the same way! My husband actually tried to get my father to buy that kick stand for me for Christmas, but my father's a Harley guy, and he was lost looking for things for Hayabusas...ended up getting a Suzuki bike cover though!

I'll be sure to point out the new kick stand to my husband on April 17th!!!

Oh, and I hope you were kidding about the dishes for a year! Good grief!!! That's abuse!
tounge.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

The rear lowering links (dogbone links) by the Rotor Woman (got them off e-Bay)...

Llink2.jpg

Back