lowering modification problem

Busamaniac

Registered
I decided today to install my new extended swing arm (shnitz racing)adjustable from 2 to 7 inches, and I decided to lower my back(adjustable link) at the same time. My problem is my tires are too close to my license plate, I have an undertail Rumble import. I fixed my link adjustment to hole #2 and my swingarm is to the max adjustment. If I remove my license I have about 4 to 5 inches between my tire and my undertail. Do you know at what distance I have to put between the tire and license so it would not touch, or scratch my tire? Thank you in advance.

d'pending on what you have the shock settings at, and your weight, and the length of the arm, 6" may be ideal

Thank you for the help, I'm 6 foot and my weight is 230, and I have the original adjustment on the back suspension. Thank you, again.

If you are going to drag race, which I assume that's why you bought the extensions, it's better to set the suspension soft in the rear which will cause it to squat more. Go with a Tiger tail in the back or simply move the plate.
cool.gif

yes indeed!

get the from Guy Caputo.... it will give you a ton more room for the rear wheel... i have one too.

i have 2-7in bolt on ext set at 5'' over and lowered 3in. i had to cut off the license plate part from right under the tail light reflector down. then i had to cut a hole in the under fender to keep the rear tire from bottoming out. also had to relocate the rear turn signals to the rear reflector brackets. a lot of cuting of the rear fender and no place to put the tool pouch b/c of the big hole in the trunk but its worth it.

Why not just bend the license plate up and out of the way. Me and most of my friends who have dropped our bikes have bent the plate to keep it from rubbing the tire and I don't know of anyone who has been stopped by the police for it
rock.gif

Back