Lowering links

ChiTownBusa

Registered
Hey All,

I am going to be lowering the Busa over the weekend. I am going to use risers to do this. The installation should be a no brainer. I am a bit stumped on how to attack the rear links. I do not have a rear stand and don't want to buy one just for this. I am not going to hang the bike from a rafter in the garage, but I have heard of using a 5/8" O.D. shaft through the swing pivot and jack stands. Has anybody tried this? If not, any other ideas.

Remove the lower rear belly panel (4 bolts).

Also easier to initially "unlock" the threads on the suspension linkage if you drop the exhaust cans off, and beofre you lift hte bike, mine were well and truly stubborn before they'd release.

As for bike being rasied, you can support on side stand with a regular jack under the rear of the pipes (insert jack on right of bike), before they bend upwards. Works a treat and allows sufficient lift to keep bike safely balanced whilst fully unloading the swing arm.

Fitted some of Soupys wonders to mine one evening this past week using this method.

Remove the lower rear belly panel (4 bolts).

Also easier to initially "unlock" the threads on the suspension linkage if you drop the exhaust cans off, and beofre you lift hte bike, mine were well and truly stubborn before they'd release.

As for bike being rasied, you can support on side stand with a regular jack under the rear of the pipes (insert jack on right of bike), before they bend upwards. Works a treat and allows sufficient lift to keep bike safely balanced whilst fully unloading the swing arm.

Fitted some of Soupys wonders to mine one evening this past week using this method.
+1

That is the same method that was told to me by a reputable, local tuner/ busa guy. He sez he does it all on the side stand with a jack under the shock...just to take the weight off.

Oh, BTW - Welcome, spr0cket!

Post up some pics of your ride!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcome omslaw. Only been lurking for a week or two since moving into the world of Busa ownership.

What's the preferred method for posting pics, just striaght in a thread reply such as this or a newbies section, gallery ... oh the choices are almsot endless...

Bike is an '03 in the anniversary copper colour scheme.

Nothing major thus far, RS3 cans, PC3, TRE (which I've just remvoed again to compare rideability). Also just added Soupys lowering links and set of Reaper risers.

Back